cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI Development : Passing parameter to getDetail SyncBo to fetch data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created SmartSync application using meRepMeta.xml file in NWDS (i am using getDetail SyncBo)

Now i want to pass the input parameter to getDetail syncBo to fetch the data from backend in the JSP page.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the getDetail Bapi wrapper only you can assign the input parameters and you can retireve the data.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Can you explain it in detail how to assign the input parameter to retireve the data.

Thanks

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Abapers are going to develope the bapiwrapper with the input parameters and they will write the BAPI corresponding to the requirement..

regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Yes that's true, abapers have developed the BAPI Wrapper, Now i want to use that BAPI Wrapper (SyncBo) in my JSP application.

For that i have create SmartSync Project using meRepMeta.xml file in NWDS (NetWeaver Developer Studio) and all required JSP and JAVA files has been created successfully.

Now i want to pass the "Plant Number" as a parameter to the getDetail SyncBo from JSP page, to get the corresponding details of the plant. I could not find the exact code for passing parameter to BAPI Wrapper(SyncBo) from JSP.

Please help.

Thanks

Sandy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

in TableContentProvider.java there is a default method to retieve the details

public Vector getTableWithSyncBoInstanceItems(String syncBoName,String syncKey,String itemName)

in that you have syncbo name and syncKey parameters and pass the plant Number value to the synckey.

Regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

In my case, i don't have syncKey & itemName, i only have SyncBO Name.

When i run the application it looks like as below :

*SyncBO ID         

1. # local SyncBO instances

ZRAIL_0508              0

Now on click of "ZRAIL_0508" SyncBO, i need to pass "Plant Number" to fetch the corresponding data.

(for testing purpose i am hard coding "Plant Number")

as you said i am calling getTableWithSyncBoInstanceItems(String syncBoName,String syncKey,String itemName)

method on click of "ZRAIL_0508" SyncB as below:

getTableWithSyncBoInstanceItems("ZRAIL_0508","201","010") Not sure what to pass for itemName?

but getting NullPointerException. Kindly help.

Thanks

Sandy

AjithC
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

If the plant number is constant for all users, then you can addd that as a default value. The value can be assinged using merep_sbuilder.

If it is specific to each user, then your syncBO must be S01 type (performance problem). In that case also it should be constant per user. So MI only have the option to mass the username as default value to the backend and then based on the customization in the backend, get the correct plant number..

Regards

Ajith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how many item tables do u have ?

if you are having only one itemtable u should pass "010".

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy t