cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w Partner Profile and Distribution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While I am going through a IDOc Scenario, I found that Distribution Model to be created.

What is the difference b/w the information in Partner Profile and Distribution Model, as both

will contain the sender and receivers information.

Is it compulsory to create distribution model for all the Idoc Scenario's, But in some Blogs I didn't find any

distribution model to setup while developing Idoc to file Scenario.

Please clarify my doubt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

you need distribution model if your idoc is of type master data i.e material master data MATMAS, DEBMAS,...

In this cases need to create the distribution model ,if it is other type like PO then need to select output as EDI type ..

so it depends on the idoc or message type..

Partner profile is the partner involved in the process it can be either customer supplier ,logical system and so on..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

Partner profile is used in case of a specific customer or vendor and to specify a particular message type for the inbound and outbound parameters, Distribution model would probably have a list of receivers for the Idoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/5e/b8f8bf356dc84096e4fedc2cd71426/frameset.htm

Distribution Model:

Model that describes the ALE message flow between logical systems. The relationships between logical systems, message types, BAPIs, and filters are defined in the distribution model. Applications and the ALE layer user the distribution model to determine receivers and to control the data distribution.

Partner Profile:

To communicate with a partner using the IDoc interface, you must have a partner profile.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

0 Kudos

Hi,

distribution model describes the total number of receivers, who are going to receive the IDOC.

Where as Partner Profile describes whether the IDOC is outbound/inbound and it describes the Message Type.

Is it compulsory to create distribution model for all the Idoc Scenario's

Distribution model is not mandatory when we have only one receiver.

Regards

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

distr. model is used either to have a better overview about what's coming in and going out of the system and to have better options of maintenance. Additionally partner profiles are generated out of the distribution model instead of created manually.

Also many SAP standard functions for Idocs first check the distr. model to confirm a Idoc creation should happen. So if you do not maintain it, you may face issues in Idoc creation.

Regards,

Kai