cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link b/w 0mat_sales and 0prod_hier?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anyone explain the relationship between, MD 0mat_sales and 0prod_hier?

In the MD table for 0mat_sales, i see 0prod_hier is an attrib, and for certain 0mat_sales values, corresponding 0prod_hier values are not loaded, these fields are blank.

Daily data loads are successful for the 0mat_sales_attr (delta load), 0mat_sales_text and for 0mat_sales_lphr_hier

for 0prod_hier (only attributes and texts are loaded)

Because of this issue, prod_hier is not displayed for some material numbers.

I am confused about why some prod_hier values are missing for the corresponding material numbers, i would really appreciate any help to debug this issue, it is really urgent as the user wanted to know the reason for missing values in the report.

Thank you,

Samantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

Check on R/3 side(source system), is product hierarchy is maintained for those perticualar materials.?

TCode: MM03.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thank you for the quick response. I have already checked with R/3 guys and they have confirmed that Prod hier values are maintained for those materials which is missing in BW.

Please tell me how to proceed further, totally confused what has gone wrong.

Thanks,

Samantha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Samantha,

If you are extracting the Material Sales data from R/3, then the Product Hierarchy field is PRODH, but the table is MVKE. I believe this is the source of your problem. Material Sales information is keyed by Material number, Sales Org, , Distribution Channel, and Division. If there is no Sales view maintained for your material in R/3, then there will be no value passed to BW for Product Hierarchy for the Material Sales (0MAT_SALES).

Former Member
0 Kudos

George,

Yes, we are extracting Material Sales data from R/3, as you have mentioned, Material number, Sales Org, , Distribution Channel, and Division are keyed in, along with grouping items - Material pricing grp, Account assignment, Product Hierarchy.

So does this mean sales view is maintained for that particular material in the R/3 side?

the R/3 guys have also made their checks and confirm that product hierarchy entries are maintained in the table.

I would really appreciate any help to figure this issue.

Thanks,

Samantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Samantha, the Product Hierarchy is also a field on the Sales view for the material (table MVKE). The value of the Product Hierarchy on the Sales view in R/3 is what should appear in the Material Sales master data (0MAT_SALES_ATTR) in BW. And it could be different than what is associated with just the material number (MARA), and could be different for the various Sales Org, Dist Channel, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

how to check which R/3 table populates the field PRODH in 0PROD_HIER?

thanks,

Samantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samantha,

Table : MARA

Field : PRDHA(Product hierarchy).

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In the transfer struct,the field that is mapped to 0PROD_HIER is <b>PRODH</b>? do tell me how to find out the table name.

thanks,

Samantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samantha,

PRODH is field type, PRDHA(Product hierarchy) is field available in table MARA. Please check once again Product hierarchy is maintained or not.

And also you can check from T Code: MM03.

1. log-on to R/3.

2. go to MM03.

3. Input the material no and select Basic1 & Basic2 view and hit enter. You can see product hierarchy.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini,

As i am not given the access for source sys, the R/3 guys checked and have confirmed that prod hier values are maintained.

I am more confused abt how 0prod_hier and 0mat_sales in modelled. 0prod_hier is only populated by attribue and text data srces, it i don't see any hierarchy.

But for 0mat_sales hierarchy is loaded, and hier tech name is MATNR, descripion is 'product hierarchy'

No routines are involved for 0prod_hier.

thanks,

Samantha