cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create callable object of type Webdynpro(GP Interface)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our project, we have webdynpro components which have GP interfaces. We need to create callable objects out of these components for creating a Process.

When we try to create callable object of type 'Webdynpro (GP interface)' with any of the webdynpro components, we are getting the following error when we select the webdynpro component from the list in the wizard.

"Cannot read callable object description from component:<null>"

This is happening inconsistently in the sense that, sometimes it proceeds to the next step(showing the input parameters).

If we proceed to create the callable object (even though this error occurs), and subsequently create & initiate the process, we are not getting the task listed for the first role in his task list.

Please help.

Thanks & Regards

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

This error is usually obtained when the library reference'caf/eu/gp/api' is not added for the project.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. The error was actually due to a cyclic dependency in the context mapping of the controllers inside the component.

So please make sure you dont have cyclic dependency among the components.

Thanks & Regards

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Check the "caf/eu/gp/api" runtime library reference for your wd components. Also check the default log.

In case if it does help, you need to debug according getDescription method.

Best regards,

Aliaskei.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Where you have installed GP? whether you have installed on WAS server or on Portal?

I could not able to open GP browser on my server(NW04s). I doesn't have portal running on this system.

Regards,

Bhavik

jan_rauscher
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that something is wrong with the getDescription method of the Web Dynpro component. You can find an example that shows how a getDescription method can look like on the CAF tutorial page in the document '50 Implement a Custom Web Dynpro Callable Object in GP* (PDF/GP)'.

Regards,

Jan