cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender JDBC without using Update option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am Developing a Scenario from JDBC to IDoc.

In this I am reading records through select from Bank Database where I don't have update permission to set the flag?

How can I keep track of selected records with out using of update option?

Let me know if any body had any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In update tab just use <test> or <TEST> then it will not do any updates on the database tables

let me know if need any more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/b4d13b633f7748b4d34f3191529946/frameset.htm

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Aug 10, 2009 6:40 PM

Edited by: Rajesh on Aug 10, 2009 6:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As we Don't have any test tab, How can I do that,

Is the test is any database/table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I understood you correct you need to do a select query using JDBC sender adapter and do need to do an update for the same

but as update query tab is mandatory in this case need to provide data as <TEST> in update query tab of JDBC sender channel/adapter

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

How can I keep track of the already selected records, so that next time I can start from there

Former Member
0 Kudos

this you need to discuss with database team ask them either to create stored procude up on execution which provides the data to be transferred or else ask t o provide the update privilegs so that you can update some flag for the same

or if you hava any field which represents the data you can fetch the data based on the date ,,need to check with your database team for unique and frequency of data flow for the same

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Koti,

To keep track only we need to have an update option. Since you dont have update option I think the bank will update on their own, I mean as soon as you read they might be updating or deleting. So please check with them and tell this issue. Either they will giver permissions to update a field or they will update on their own.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (0)