cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning at higher level and not to disaggegate....

Former Member
0 Kudos

As live cache stores values at CVC level, is it possible to plan at higher level like product group/Family and store at that level?

Requirement Background:

We are looking for a possibility of getting both demand and opportunities/risks in DP. We are planning to get Opportunities/risks only to feed BPS. So Users want to put opportunities and risks at Product family level and not to disaggregate to CVC level. Of course BPS is capable of doing it. We tested this in BPS.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is possible in APO Demand Planning. You can plan on a higher level and then you can set the related Key Figure Disaggregation to "N" (No Disaggregation).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks For the reply.

If I select 'N' as disaggregation type, Aggregation will not take place from CVC level to higher level. But what I am looking is I need to be able put some value at higher level, in addition to the aggregated value from the CVC.And the value I put in at higher level should not be disaggregated. This value I want to see only when I am at higher level.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The use of Navgational attributes would be the best option to Plan at higher level and for the data consistency.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to the Planning area aggregation set to N, you need to set up an aggregate off the POS to store the value being entered. The aggregate should have only the charactersitics for the level you wish to store the value. There are a couple of gotchas and OSS note 503363 explains them pretty well. If you wish to parse the selection you'll need to add NAV Attributes to the charactersitcs in the aggregate or you'll run into issues with accessing the data in a Planning Book.