cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SQL Collation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im in the process of installating a PRD cluster system and now during installing Database Instance i get the following error

The MS SQL Server collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN is not supported.<br>The server must be installed with collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2.

TRACE 2009-08-10 15:52:32.902 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:752]

CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox

<html> <head> </head> <body> Required MS SQL Server collation for the SAP system installation is: SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2 .<br>Your server uses collation: SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN .<br>SOLUTION: Read the installation guide on how to set the correct server collation for the SAP system. </body></html>

How do i change this on SQL2005 without uninstalling it.. i checked SAP note 600027 and it asks to run InstColl.exe

on SQLServer 2000 . Can i do the same on 2005 ????

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Thanks for ur time..

I had to uninstall everything ans start from the begining

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

The question which i have is ...

Since i have already installed ASCS and SCS instance and configured the Node A for MSCS, and im in Database Instance

Installtion part, so if i go back and uninstall SQL and reinstall, do i have to undo the ASCS and MSCS and Clustering for NODE A

which has already been setup ??? or i can come back to the same point and jus start the SAPINST with DB Installtion

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Installtion part, so if i go back and uninstall SQL and reinstall, do i have to undo the ASCS and MSCS and Clustering for NODE A

> which has already been setup ??? or i can come back to the same point and jus start the SAPINST with DB Installtion

Honestly, I would start over. If you haven't applied the support package and the hotfix that comes with the installation you may run into problems later. Especially in a HA setup I would make sure, I would follow SAPs recommendation of setting up the system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Im looking for an option where i dont need to install SQL Server..

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Im looking for an option where i dont need to install SQL Server..

Ershad,

it's a matter of a few clicks

It's not only the collation but also service packs and hotfixes that are automatically installed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply , i did not use the script while installing MSSQL.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case I would uninstall SQL Server, reboot the machine and use that script to reinstall.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this out [http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179254.aspx]

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you install SQL Server 2005 using sql4sap.vbs script? This does all for you... (read the installation guide!)

Markus