cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of the welcome message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When a user login to the system, there is a message like in SM02 (not SM02) display. We need to get rid of this welcome message.

When I checked on SM02 it says *** System message list empty ***.

Where can I delete or block this message ?

thanks ,

Rukshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rukshan,

I had also faced the same problem in the past. Developers done the hard coded message in one of the user exist. After removing that it is ok now.

Thanks

Lokendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all, developer helped me to disable the pop-up. There was a user exist used in the SAP logon screen.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but it is not the SE61. When a user login with the correct password there is pop up message come up saying welcome with the current date. There is only a continue button (tick button) to click. After clicking you get in to standard SAP screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an sap standard message when you login first timewith a user id in to sap or after password change.

I think tis is a standard sap program and can not be changed.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

SAP standard message comes only for your first successful login. But this message pop-up every time you login to the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any additional information, for example in the upper left corner of the window frame, like 'copyright' or 'system message' ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have drawn a sketch of the screen. There is no other information displayed

-

Welcome to .....

-

Today is 08/11/2009

Have a Nice Day !

-

_

(OK button)

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is not SAP standard. that's either custom made or some weird add-on. anyway, seems somebody modified the most sensitive SAP standard programs, SAPMSYST. i thought, one cannot modify that any longer ???? but yes, the change in your system could be very old indeed. i advise you to open a call with SAP and not to touch the thing on your own ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if there is any customized startup transaction code by clicking Extras->Set start transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might help if you could tell us a bit more what kind of message you are referring to.

Best would be to ask those who configured the message. But I suppose they aren't available any more.

So let me try a guess: It might be that kind of message that is described in SAP note 205487. If so, this note also should tell you what need to know in order to delete the message.

hope this helps