Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please help me in this scenario.

Scenario is Third Party will insert the value in to Database table.Once the insert is done , program will run in Thrid party system and it will update the Information Table saying "insert is complete".So my JDBC sender will be polling for the event of updation in the information table. Whenever the information table is getting updated the JDBC sender will get that info and sends to SAP as an Idoc.

How will i achive this scenario and how to do an event polling via JDBC sender Adapter.

please advice.

Regards,

Sujatha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujatha,

Give a thought to what prateek has mentioned above !!!

Very valid and obvious question .

Solution should be simple and scalable !!

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujatha,

Plz have a look at thsi blog....hope this will help you..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Edited by: Pinangshuk on Aug 10, 2009 1:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will i achive this scenario

You will have to configure a scenario with sender JDBC and receiver IDoc adapter.

If you have not come across this blog:/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can try this in two ways:

1. As Prateek said, configure your sender JDBC adapter for polling.

And

2. If the database polling is a concern for you, then you can go for external control of the JDBC sender adapter (Whenever the table is updated then trigger your communication channel by using external program for Ex: Jave program).

Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is Third Party will update the Header and Item values in to Database table.

Once the update is done , a program will run in Thrid party system and it will update the Event Table with the primary key value of the DB table.

So my JDBC sender should be looking for the event table updation. Whenever there is an update in the event table , the JDBC sender should automatically kicked off and it should select all the field in the DB table where the primary key = Event table.primary key and the values will be generated as an Idoc.

1.How will i achive this scenario.

2.How to configure the JDBC sender Adapter which gets triggered automatically when there is an updation in event table.

i do not have much idea external control of the JDBC sender channel through Java Program.

please help me.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want an event polling for this scenario. Even if you simply use the JDBC sender channel, it will keep on polling your database for the updates. This update statement would be provided in the sender communication channel itself.

Regards,

Prateek