cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending mail from PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a file to IDOC scenario in which i need to generate an Email and send it to a particular DL. The mail has a particular format and it picks up processed time and input file name and the data from a particular field from source.

Is it possible to make a format that has all these details and can a mail be sent to a DL.

Is this possible in PI, could anybody help me with this.

regards,

Sherin Jose P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the requirement is possible in SAP PI.

In any case you have to use the Mail.xsd structure to send your message.

Since the mail needs to be send in a particular format you can take help of XSLT mapping in your scenario.

To send the mail to the DL, just create the DL (in the domain of your company)......assign the receiver email IDs and include this DL in the To field of the Mail format.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definetely possible using a standard mail adapter in PI, you can specify the email ids in the TO,CC fields.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a DL, it has a mail ID referring to it. So using the DL would be same as using a single mail ID. You need to populate it in the To field.

You may use mail package and pass require data in the format required.

Or even without mail package you may create a datatype and send that data directly to receiver mail. It could then be sent in an attachment format.

Regards,

Prateek

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is very much possible... You have to configure two receivers in Receiver determination one would be SAP system to receive mail and the second would be the Mail server to send email...

Refer this Blog

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address Adapter - Dynamic Mail Address</a>

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure Adapter scenarios u2013 SAP Exchange Infrastructure</a>

~SaNv...