cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a Code Page in SAP SCRIPT ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a specific requirement, would need your help :

There is a <u><b>CODE PAGE</b></u> which is getting assigned to the <u><b>SAP SCRIPT FORM</b></u>. <i><b>For E.g : 1100 is generally used for SAP SCRIPTS.</b></i>

I would like to know if there is a possibility to change the <u><b>Code Page</b></u> based on certain conditions ??

Also i would like to know how and where is a <u><b>CODE PAGE and SAP SCRIPT FORM linked.</b></u>

I have analysed that a <b>default code page</b> can be set in the <b>SAP LOG ON PAD</b> but not able to find the issues mentioned above.

Kindly help me out with your valuable suggestions and solutions.

Thankyou

Brijesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gnther_berger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you want to print to a device (printer), which requires the input to be in a retain code page.

I don't know weather there is a way to change the code page directly in SAPscript or not.

But you can define an output device with a special code page. To do that enter transaction SPAD, click "Full administration" and then the card "Device Types". With the button "Device Types" you get a list of all available drivers which can be selected for printers. When you enter the transaction you are in display mode. Please note that only devices starting with Y or Z belong to the customer namespace. The other devices may be overwritten during an upgrade. You can copy a device to the customer namespace with you want to change something. Inside the maintenance dialog you can specify the character set (code page).

After having a device type created you can create/modify output devices to use that device type.

Device types are connected to the SAP transport system.

Greetings

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Günther Berger ,

Thankyou for your response.

Actually the requirement is to change the code page based on the organizational element say sales organization.

The issue is something like this, we have script being used in different countries, however we have been managing the things by using standard texts in the respective langauges.

But now there is a need to change the code page of the document from the standard 1100 to something else based on the country accessing it i.e based on one of the organizational elements.

Please let me know if there is a possibility to change the code page dynamically.

Thanks in advance.

gnther_berger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you have a MDMP installation.

Is the printing done by a batch job or by a user who launches the printing for all countries?

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The printing happens from a user who launches the printing for all the countries,

but it would nice if you could let me know the possibilities in both the cases, i.e if it is a batch job

and if it is done manually by a user.

Also what do you mean by MDMP installation ?? i did not understand this.

Thankyou for your response.

Take care

gnther_berger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDMP means Multi Display Multi Processing. See the note system for details. The problem of MDMP is that the different languages use different codepages and not all characteres can be displayed in every codepage.

A solution would be a unicode conversion of the system. In unicode there is only one internal codepage, which contains all special characters of the individual languages. However the migration needs several hours of down time and unicode systems need more memory and disk space. I can't tell you a percentage for that. You need at least R/3 4.7 for unicode.

In non-unicode system I believe you can't change the codepage inside a SAPscript document directly. I would have to end form processing an start a new form. To change the language you can try the ABAP-command SET LOCALE. Also see the language parameter in START_FORM.

If that doesn't work I would try using RFC-Connections. Make RFC-Connections in your system which contain the system it self as target system, but with the desired language filled in. You do not need to provide a user or password, that would be taken form the logged on user.

Inside your printing program you put the real printing into a function module. Your report then can call the function via RFC using a connection in the correct logon language.

Greetings