cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

T he Forecasting for up to 102 weeks u2013 98 next month keeps coming down till the next planning year? How can i do this ???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dallyanusha,

Could you please ellaborate more on your question?

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

T he Forecasting for up to 102 weeks u2013 98 next month keeps coming down till the next planning year? How can i do this ???

for example my forecasting period is up to 102 weeks .once this month completed again it will becomes 98 weeks next month keeps coming down till the next planning year??

i mean to say suppose my planning is 102 weeks. once this month completed the 4 weeks should be deductes from the 102 weeks and it will becomes 98 weeks forecasting period..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I really wont understand your propsals, why do we need to intialise planning area or extend time series ??? makes me confuse.

if i understand correctly, He/She is worried about that every month there will be -4 weeks in forecast. correct me if my understanding is wrong.

1. Forecast period is not static, its dynamic.. as month chagnes new weeks will keep add in and forecast also will run every month for 104 weeks.

2. Provided you can use the option of specific dates in forecast profile which is static, only the period you specify it will run.

3. There is another critical term to check is time bucket profiles, if we are using only weekly buckets on every week new bucket can join the planning book. or we using weekly but exploring to months then only on new month 4 weeks will join the planning book, this is how define the time bucket profile

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus

T he Forecasting for up to 102 weeks u2013 98 next month keeps coming down till the next planning year? How can i do this

this is the senerio

this month i am forecasting for up to 102 weeks - next month 98 weeks and coming next month it has 94 weeks so its coming down till the next planning year??

this is the senerio..how i can do that... my client requirement.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dally anusha,

Could you please check and confirm whether the following is tried at your end.

1) First of all, you need to maintain your planning bucket profile

2) Secondly, Use transaction /SAPAPO/SDP8B, enter your planning

book/Data view, and in the dataview field, maintain the period

information fields like planning start, offset, TB profile ID, Visible

from date, input from date, etc.,

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you initialize the Planning area you allocate that much of space in the Lice Cache. So initialization for future periods is done on rolling basis or else lot of LC is used up on hold and the system performance is effected. That is why initializing the planning area on daily or monthly basis is adviced so that you use only the memory space in LC to the extent required and not for the entire planning Horizon.

Trust this explains why we need to do initialization periodically.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I agree with you, but i am not sure this will provide solution to the issue what Anusha is getting..,

Any how lets wait for the reply

Thanks

Yarala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you also have past data, in record, while initializing your Planning area initialize from past what ever weeks you have to future 2 years(104 weeks). Run this every month in the background as a scheduled batch job, or through the Process chain(RSPC). Best practice would be you initialize the Planning area through the RSPC in the background every day where you maintain the dynamic date calculations in the variant that you create. Hence everyday system would calculate from the present date backwards as well as forwards.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dallyanusha,

You need to initialize your planning area through transaction

/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN.

Here you double click your planning area and initialise it.

Remember, during initialisation, the old data will get deleted

and fresh data gets planned into the future buckets.

So, take suitable back up of data before doing this.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.