cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Size in results recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

when we GRN a material 1010575 in the first GRN sample size is XXX. But once we GRN the same material for the second time sample size differs from the previous one (this sample size has to be defined by the user, cannot be dynamic modification). According to my understanding each time i have to create a different sampling procedure and attach it to inspection plan or i have to change the existing sampling procedure sample size. The settings i have used in the sampling procedure is Fixed Sample and valuation mode as Attributive Inspection Non Confirming Units.

1. Is my understanding correct?

2. Is there any other way to do this?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

DTD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Inspection setup have you selected manual sampling.??

Your understanding is correct that depending on the lot size & samling size in sampling procedure ........sample size will diiffer.

can you please elaborate the querry you have

regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

No i have not set manual sampling in Material Master. What i want to do is each time when we do a RR for different GRNs (but for same material) in the QE51N screen Inspect column different figure should come.

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inspect Field gets automatically defaulted to Sample Size once you press enter key or Save Button.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

then either use the sampling scheme which will vary the sample size of the lot as per lot Quantity or do enhancement/customization so that system will give you different quantity every time.

This is what i think

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit/ Kappettu,

Even if i make a new sampling procedure for every GRN to get a different Sample Size is that wrong in QM point of view?

Regards,

DTD

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on the Client Requirement and feasability. We can ask the User to assign new Sampling Procedure in Insp. Plan or Material Specification before every GRN is made in the system.

For that matter we can use Manual Sampling Procedure so that User needs to key-in the Sample Size himself directly against the Insp. Lot during Results Recording.

Best Regards,

K. Raghavendra Nayak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DTD,

Crete diff. sample procedure and assign to diff inspection plan. Now in your system for same materiel multiple insp plan would be available. Once system create lot then it will not assign insp plan automatically, but user has to assign it manually if more than one plan available in system - Based on GRN number (first or second). Now system will calculate sampling based on attached SP to Insp plan.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!!!