cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material to be used in handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hye,

I am performing transaction HU02 where i am creating a handling unit for some materials

I have created material with material type VERP and assigning the same to my mateirals

but am not able to do the same and it is giving error

let me know what is the material type used for packing a material with type HALB or ERSA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One idea...please check:

- MARA-MGVR of to-be-packed material

- MARA-VHART of packaging material

- whether the values (packaging material type and group for packaging materials) are assigned: SPRO > Logistics - General > HUM > Basics > Define Allowed Packaging Material

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

yes it is assigned

but still am not able to create the handling unit

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which steps have you done? What are the error message you get (error message ID)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once your "Packaging Material Types and material group for packing set in config and also in material master basic data for material group for packing in sales and plant view"Packing material types". then you can use your pkg material for packing

Please llok at this config at Tcode VHAR : Number assignment shuld be either" a SSCC already at creation of Handling unit" and HU type either" carton"

thanks

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hye

I have created group through VHAR

This is even assigned to material in SALE - General view too

am getting an error " XXXXX does not have packaging material type and is therefore not a pack.mat"

Kindly let me know what is that i have missed

kindly provide me confg doc if available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give the field "Packaging mat. type" in "Sales: General/Plant Data" view of Material master for Packaging Material XXXX.

Nagesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In t code VHAR you define the Packaging Material type & then assign to packaging material group.which further you specify in to Material maser SALE - GENARAL VIWEW .