cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order value is not coming properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Export Pricing Procedure we manually enter value for Freight and Insurance.For both condition types in V/06 we have maintained Fixed Amount in Calculation Type.So in the sales order condition screen Pricing is like

Ordered Qty 10 pc

Price USD 100 (Entered manually)

Freight USD 10 ( entered manually)

Insurance USD 20 (entered manually)

Total order Value is USD 120.Here price per item is 12 USD

Now when we create a return order for 5 pc wrt above invoice, Freight and Insurance is not calculated properly.

The system is calculating like

Price USD 50

Freight USD 10

Insurance USD 10

Total Credit Memo/returm order amount is 70 USD.And return price/item is 14 USD.

Here the system calculate Freight and Insurance value by dividing the original value(10 USD 0r 20 USD / return qty.(5pc).

But in the above process the return order value should come 60 USD.So what settings do we need to get the value 60 USD.

Regards

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish

If the client wants to enter a fixed quantity and while returning return only part of it based on proportion the condition type would not be able to help much. As only one calculation type can be assigned to it. So either the client has to change his stand about these two items of insurance and freight or else you can write a code while creating return orders in reference to the invoice to split the value on the basis of the proportion in which return has happened for these two condition types. Standard SAP would not be able to handle this.

Regards

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in this case if you want the freight and insurance to be on a per unit basis change the calculation type as per quantity that is in the condition record put calculation type as C instead of B for the two conditions of insurance and freight. Once you do that it will become a condition which will be ruled by number of items rather than a single value like it is right now. So your freight which now is defined as 10 USD will become 1010=100 USD. So accordingly change your condition values to make it 1 USD so that 110=10 USD for the freight and the condition value for insurance to 2 USD per unit from the 20 USD in total. Once this is done your order would look like this

Price=10*10 USD =100 USD

Freight =1*10 USD= 10 USD

Insurance =2*10 USD= 20 USD

In total value of sales order = 130 USD

For return it would be

Price= 10*5 USD =50 USD

Freight = 1*5 USD= 5 USD

Insurance =2*5 USD= 10 USD

In total value of return order = 65 USD which is what is required.

Regards

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Indranil,

Yes if we change the calculation type to quantity then the value is coming correctly.But the requirement is client wants to enter the fixed amount.

So is it the standard behaviour or something is missing in case of fixed amount?

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish

So it seems you have answered your own question. So the total return comes to:

Pirce: 50 USD for 5 units

Freight: 10 USD

Insurance: 20USD

Total is 80 USD per unit of return, making return value of 16 USD per unit as compared to 12 USD in the original invoice. You also mentioned that the calculation type for both freight and insurance the calculation type is B (Fixed amount). So when you are creating the return irrespective of the returned amount the header level condition gets copied on to the return as 10 USD and 20 USD for freight and isurance. For the price since calculation type is C (Quantity) it determines 10 USD per unit and multiplies it by 5 to get the 50 USD.

Regards

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish

If you are using the standard Condition type KF00, to price your freight charges, then go and check the calculation type of your condition record. It would be set as 'B' Fixed Amount and not on 'C' quantity. As a result while creation of the order it gets calculated as a fixed amount irrespective of the quantity entered. As a result while creating the return for this, since there is no check on the quantity, the whole of 10 USD gets refunded. Since your insurance is getting properly calculated while posting the return, check the calculation type for the same and try copying this into the condition type for freight.

Regards

Indranil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please brief me more about your pricing?

How you want to calculate freight and insurance for the material.

As you are saying they are manual condition then you can make changes as per your requirement.

As per your need you want 10usd or 20usd/5qty.

Now price 50 + Freight 2 + insurance 4 = 56

Which is not equal to 60.

So in which way it should come 60?

Please explain the pricing structure once again to get the proper feedback.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

Thanks for the reply.I am giving you a brief idea abt the PP and condition types.(For Freight and Insurance ).

For Freight condition type

condition class A

calculation type B

Condition Category F

No Access sequence is assigned

For Insurance Condition Type

Condition class A

Calculation Type B

Condition Category C

No Access sequence is assigned

In PP for both my condition types manual, mandatory and statistics has not been checked.No From To step is maintained.

Coming to your query can you pls elaborate how did u calculate Freight 2 + insurance 4 and the final value should be 56 usd.

Now in my first invoice the invoiced qty was 10 . Freight value was 10 and Insurance value was 10(for the total invoiced qty).

Now when i create return order for 5 qty the system should calculate proportionately.I mean Insurance value should be 5 usd and freight value should be 5 usd.So price is (for 5 qty) 50 usd + Insurance 5 usd + freight 5 usd= 60 usd

If i am wrong then pls correct me.

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See system wonu2019t calculate automatically.

For that purpose you have to provide some information to the system.

As you said you have not mentioned access sequence n no condition record is maintained.

So you are entering the freight and insurance manually when you created the sales order.

Now you making return document wrt to invoice.

So what system is doing its copying all the price which is maintained in the invoice

Except your main PR00 price.

Now what you can do is go to VTAF and select your invoice to return order combination.

Now to the item level and select your item category and click on detail.

Over there you will see pricing type maintain that as B carry out new pricing.

Now system will carry out new pricing and you have to manually enter your condition type for freight and insurance.

This is the one way which is possible because as now access sequence and condition record has been saved for your condition.

So system wont do the calculation as per your requirement.

Or you can assign the access sequence and maintain the condition record for your condition type to get the automatic results.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

> Now you See system wonu2019t calculate automatically.

If you go through my first post there i have mentioned how the system is calculating the the price of the return item(Automatically).So this is not related to wheher we maintain acces sequence or Condition records.And also in our scenario its not possible to maintain condition records.So when we do not maintain condition records and also we use the same PP, so i don't think it would give required output if i maintain B in VTAF.

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering the original post, the Prices are as under:

Price - 100 for Qty 10

Freight - 10

Insuarance - 20

If the above is correct, the price determined will be 70, the logic being as under

Price of Returns - 50 for Qty 5

Freight - 10 (based on Condition category 'F')

Insuance - 10 (based on Condition category 'C' being Quantity)

In the case my understanding is wrong, please correct me.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

In my original invoice Prices are as under:

Price - 100 for Qty 10 (10 usd/piece)

Freight - 10 (it applies to the total invoiced qty)

Insuarance - 20 (it applies to the total invoiced qty)

So the system calculates 12usd per piece. Total value is 120 usd.

In the return order the system divide total freight amount to the returnrd order qty and the same is happening for insurance )

So in return order for return qty 5

Price is 50 usd (which is right)

Freight - 10 (both in Rate column and condition value column)

Insuance - 10 (both in Rate column and condition value column)

But the system shows the rate for piece is 14 usd (as i stated above the logic) And the total credit amount shows 70 usd.

If you need further clarification then pls revert.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are saying that you are creating the return order by copying from the invoice.

Now notice the value of insurance in invoice and in return order.

In invoice its showing 20 and in return order its showing 10.

So can you explain me how this difference is coming.

As per my knowledge of pricing these things can happen in return order.

1. return order should copy the price of insurance as it is from the invoice.

So it should be 20 but it showing 10. so its not copying the price from the invoice.

2. by using condition record. You are saying that you have not saved the condition record. Then the insurance value should not be there. But its showing 10, so from its coming definitely not from invoice as it is 20 in the invoice.

3. by putting manually. So if you are putting manually 10 in the return order then just put 5 instead of 10.

So I want you to clarify my thought that how return order is showing 10USD.

Now you are saying there is no condition record maintained and it is definitely not copying form the invoice.

And if you want to put it manually only then delete that condition type from the pricing of the return order and again enter that value as per you criteria.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

>> In invoice its showing 20 and in return order its showing 10.

I am extremely sorry to misguide the forum.Actually for insurance also the total value is copied from the original invoice which is 20 usd.

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the freight condition. Is it statistical?

The reason for pointing at freight condition is as below:

Original Invoice (10 * 10) = 100

Freight = 10

Insuarance = 20

Total 130

Invoice Total says 120

Per Unit Price is 12. Ideally it should be 13.

Return Cr. Memo (5 * 10) = 50

Freight = 10

Insuarance = 20

Total 80

Invoice Total says 70

Per Unit Price is 14. Ideally it should be 16.

Please check and update.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

In PP freight condition and insurance condition types are not ststistical.

So for my origianl invoice the the total invoice value is 130 usd. for 10 pc.(13 usd / pc)

In return order the total value is 80 usd.for 5 pc. ( 16 usd/pc).

So in return order why the system again divide insurance value and freight by the return ordered qty.So this is the reason for which in my return order value per item is higher then the original value/ item.

Client requirement is in return order price should be 50 usd, Freight should be 5 usd and Insurance should be 10 usd.

So the total return order value should be 65 usd.

Regards

Debasish