SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP consultant willing to take up BI certification. Is it allowed in TechEd

SRudra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am a EP Consulant with 3.5 years of experiance in end to end EP implementations. I do have an S userid provded by my current company.

I intend to take up SAP Certified Application Associate- Business Intelligence with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 certification at Teched2009, Bangalore.

Am I eligible to take up the BI certification at Teched 2009, Bangalore? Inviting fellow SDNers for suggestions, advice.

yours

S Rudra

3 REPLIES 3

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukanta,

First of all, please go through the below link:

[Eligibility for Certification Exams at SAP TechEd 2009 BANGALORE|http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/teched_2009/bangalore_schedule.epx]

It clearly says this:

For Associate level certification exams, Minimum one to three years of SAP implementation experience with minimum of six months experience in the module and version in which the candidates appears for certification.

But looking at the fact that there is no EP related certification available in TechEd this year ([Certifications at SAP TechEd 2009 BANGALORE|http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/teched_2009/bangalore_exams.epx]), I would suggest you get in touch with your employer or SAP Education directly regarding the same. You might be able to sit for a BI certification.

Bye

Ankur

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for pointing it out that one needs a mimimum of 6 months exp to take up the BI certification. In fact, I have written a mail to education.apa at sap.com with the same query. The case number of mine message is: 2825814. I am still awaiting a reply to the same.

with best regards,

S Rudra

0 Kudos

HI,

To update - SAP has replied back --- one cannot take BI exam, with working experience at TechEd.

regds,

S R