cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RFC or HTTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to configure a receiver adator as the receiver adaptor in the sap xi system which will receive data from a 3rd party.

In this case among the adaptors RFC, SOAP, & HTTP which one will be the best to use and why ?

Also please let me how to use the RFC adapter as a trfc call.

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

> I want to configure a receiver adator as the receiver adaptor in the sap xi system which will receive data from a 3rd party.

> In this case among the adaptors RFC, SOAP, & HTTP which one will be the best to use and why ?

> Also please let me how to use the RFC adapter as a trfc call.

>

> Regards...

Normally for sending data to SAP the possible adapters are

1. RFC

2. IDOC

3. Proxy (WEB AS >=6.2)

if the volume of the data is huge and frequency is also more then better is to go with Proxy, if it is less then can go for either RFC or IDOC..

if RFC is readily avaialable in SAP then better to go RFC and type of RFC details is already providedabove

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

use RFC adapter to Communicate with SAP systems using the RFC interface (RFC adapter)

to Integrate remote clients or Web service providers you use the SOAP adapter

The plain HTTP adapter is used by external systems to connect to the Integration Engine using the native HTTP interface .

for more details refer [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If XI is receiving data from a 3rd party system, then you need to configure a SENDER adapter communication channel.

2. The type of adapter to use, depends on the 3rd party system that you intent to connect and the protocol it supports.

Regards,

Sumant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

You can receive your data from the 3rd party either with soap or http adapter. You can use rfc adapter for sending data to sap.

RFCs are of 5 types. Please check this thread for detailed information:

From SAP help:

The RFC adapter maps the following RFC calls to XML messages and the other way around:

● Synchronous RFC calls (sRFCs) in messages with Structure linkquality of service Best Effort (BE)

● Transactional RFC calls (tRFCs) in messages with quality of service Exactly Once (EO)

● The receiver RFC adapter can also process messages with quality of service Exactly Once In Order (EOIO). They are mapped to transactional RFC calls (tRFC).

You have tRFC and qRFC queues. Take a look at this blogs:

/people/sap.india5/blog/2006/01/03/xi-asynchronous-message-processing-understanding-xi-queues-part-i

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Can you please tell me how to configure a RFC adapter for a trfc call.

Regards....