cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One question about the embargo setting?Please help,thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are now implementing the embargo function.We are trying to determine the embargo legal regulation based on the country/country group.

But now we have a problem with the country group definition.we found that GTS actually use the country of sold to party in sales order to check against the countries in the country group.If there is one matched, the embargo legal regulation will be determined for the sales order.

For example if sold to party's country is AU and ship to party's country is IR.Users have to maintain AU in the country group not IR so that the embargo regulation can be found.

But actually we hope that GTS can use the country of ship to party in sales order to check the country group.Does anybody know that if there is any configuration we can use to make GTS to check the country of ship to party?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Embargo check can happen to any Partners ( viz SHipt to party , Sold to party , Bill to party etc) it depends which all partner are assigend to the Partner group ( eg PGEMB2 for Export ) , this partner group for Embargo you can check under SPRO Control Settings for "Embargo Check" Service and then check what pertner are assigned to that group ( GeneralSettings-->Partner Structure --->Define Group of Partner Functions).

check if you have assigned ship to party to this partner gropu or not.

Hope This Helps.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have found the reason for this question.GTS will only use the country of the first partner function in the partner group assigned to determination strategy procedure to check against country group.As we are using the standard the partner group"PGEMB2" in which the sold to party is the first partner function, GTS will use the country of sold to party to determine the legal regulation. now we change the first partner function to WE and GTS start to use the country of ship to party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same issue ,  but we don't find it acceptable, because we have to check the embargo on all partners.

Have you found a solution in between ?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sophie,

This is standard function once you assign partner group for determination.

Check uses partner function that is first in partner group and the customs document.

Did you try to make it active without partner group assignment?

General Settings --> Legal Regulations --> Define Determination Procedure for Active Legal Regulations --> LEEMB

Kr,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sophie,

I am not sure, if i understood your problem correctly. Please correct me if i am wrong.

For Embargo Legal regulation determination, yes as you said. Only the first partner is considered.

Which is assigned in

General Settings --> Legal Regulations --> Define Determination Procedure for Active Legal Regulations -->

But the actual Embargo check happens for all the partners in the Partner Group which is assigned to Legal regulation in

SAP GTS->SAP Compliance Management->Embargo Check Service->Control Settings for Embargo Check service.

I can see all partners in the Partner group checked for Embargo..

Or do you mean, you need Legal Regulation determination to happen based on each partner country. I don't think its possible.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

your answer is helping

Best regards