cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent zero value item from being loaded

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Does anyone know whether it is possible to stop zero value items from being imported? Or do I have to create a validation and put in a workflow? In this case, I have the additional step to delete the items which I would like to avoid.

Appreciate any comments on the above requirement.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried this using Assignment and Workflow and able to get the desired results. Check the below assignment expression

IF(PARTNUMBER=0,[NULL])

This will check whether PartNumber=0 if yes, then it will simply make it NULL.

If required, you can put both the assignment expressions i.e. to avoid inserting 0 value and for leading zeros in one workflow.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

In this case, I am referring to items with zero price value. However, taking your example, that means the record will still be loaded and have to be processed through the assignment in the workflow, right? My intention is to not load the record if we can help it. If I process the records through the workflow, that means I still have to separately delete the record right?

Appreciate your clarifiation on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

Import Manager now includes a [Mapped Values] filter option, which automatically sets the filter criteria

to whatever lookup values are mapped in the source file.

This can be found at the match fields table right click on the field(s) mapped to destination and you want to set the filter.

followed by setting Import actions both in source as well as destination or choose the default import action.

Hope this helps ( please refer to Imp mgr ref guide page 372)

thanks,

Alexander.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. I have used this option before for Full Refresh of data. Will test this out and update the results after that.

Thanks!

SF

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! Just want to highlight my test results using the filter function in the Match Records area. The price field does not appear on the 'Mapped destination fields' as it is a standard value to be brought over to MDM. So, the proposed solution does not work. Any other ideas?

Thanks

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SF,

You can simply use the conversion mechanism in the import manager by right-click on the desired field and choosing "Set conversion filter". You can refer to the import manager to learn more about this feature.

Hope this helps,

Idan