Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtain Portal Hostname in VC

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am dispatching emails from R/3 after activities are performed within BAPI's via VC. In this email I then want to dynamically populate a url link back to the portal. While I can easily refer to the short url prefix for the portal, I cannot determine the hostname dynamically (unless I choose to maintain a table in R3 with the relevant portal host name value - which is not preferred)

What I want to achieve is passing the hostname (or portal url) of the VC session running and pass it to the BAPI. When I then dispatch the email to the users I can then leverage the portal hostname dynamically through the landscape without having it "hard coded".

e.g. http://company.com:port/shorturl

- is to be dispatched in the email for the user to click on. How do I obtain the http://company.com:port from VC to pass it along?

Anyone have any solutions/ideas/options for this type of scenario?

Some ways I have considered this:

1.) Jscript - not certain if this can be used in VC flex2 models, but it could be used to obtain the url string and passed from there. html text object does not seem to expose this option, nor does the hyperlink option allow for script injection.

2.) Create a custom webservice to pass the portal url and consume it in VC (would need to research this)

3.) Maintain tables in R/3 to cater for this.

Thanks in advance,

Douglas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

You can try to use R3 Function Module RSWR_PORTAL_CONFIG_GET as a service to get the portal URL.

Regards

Victor

former_member71614
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Victor.

In R3 4.7 this FM does not yet exist. This will certainly be the solution once we upgrade to ECC 6.0 ... should be in 6 months for us.

Was wondering if VC had an internal component (similar to the user component) that allowed one to refernce these types of paramaters at runtime.

Thanks again.

Answers (0)