Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles in ChaRM

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way to create new roles in ChaRM? Like a Change Manager, I want to create one role say change analyst. Is this possible? How can I do that?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You can create a new role or copy an existing role using Txn : PFCG.

Copy an existing role and change the authorizations according to your needs.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/52/6714b6439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Thx,

Waseem.

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Waseem,

I am not mentioning about the PFCG roles. Let me rephrase my question:

We have change manager in ChaRM,I want to split the task of change manager into 2 person say change analyst and change cordinator. The screens and the task for these 2 will be different and there wont be a change manager. Is it possible to do such customizing in ChaRM?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev

r_rajeshkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want approval for CHARM in 2 stages, maybe you use the Change Advisory Board (For Change Analyst) and Change Manager (for Change Co-ordinator) fuctionality.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have exactly the same requirement and your solution is very attactive.

Would you please detail how to implement your solution? Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ashley,

i have the same requirement,

i am currently customizing charm security, i am trying to use sap_socm_admin role and copying it to customer namespace like

zsap_socm_developer, zsap_socm_manager etc, and trying to enforce restrictions by adding or removing auth keys under the auth object b_userstat . My problem is when i do that these roles are missing other authorizations to perform small functions like displaying logs and things like that.

so i wanted to know if there is any role ( single of composite ) that i can use to copy for all my users and i can simply restrict the clicking on actions ( authorize CR, set in development ..etc) by removing or adding just the auth key, i mean only the auth key...i dont care if they have auth to projects or task list or what ever i just want to restrict by the actions they can perform.

please advice

rgds