cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP .I am currently training in SAP BASIS Admin .I am actually interested in Netweaver Domain in Admin and then may be after some business experience jump on to BI.I am actually confused with regards to how to prepare myself for SAP netweaver cos i am nt familiar with it.

Is it similar to Basis Admin?I saw some screenshots the SAPMMC seems quite similar with more additions for Java?With additions of Java WAS etc???I need basic help as to how to establish myself with SAP netweaver and how to Install the SAP netweaver Trial so i get a hold and practice.

Any sort of guidance is appreciated!

Thanking you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have any demo version of ECC6 available for your use you can select you topics and play around one by one which all the areas you want to practice for your area of interest.

Starting from Installation, Database maintenance, Security, Transports etc.

If you require more info, let me know.

Regards

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Shan!

I ll try doing that.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am intending on downloading SAP netweaver 7.01 sr1 sp3 abap trial

available on SDN

wat i wanted to knw is does it come with a Database ??or do i hav to install a db like oracle etc on my system seperately before installing this package

Thanking you all 4 ur guidance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your main intrest is for Java so please go and reed the book ADM200 .This is the book which SAP offer u when you have training From SAP.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you...i knw abt ADM200 then ADM225 bt the thing is i am interested in gen admin like security ,authorizations,transport and so on related to BASIS stuff.I will install trial of SAP ECC6.0. Can i install it on a portable HDD????Does the trial version on SDN come with oracle>>??or ill hav to install it seprately!

Thank u ppl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can install it on protable hardisk.But you will have to have Operating system on the fixed hard disc as it shall not get installed on the portable hardisc.

For Security and authorization you need to have books ADM940,ADM950 and ADM960.

you can install DB and CI on the Same host.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol