Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics Issue

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

I am working on dairy scenario, due to some reasons instead of making Raw milk as one material, we created about 1400 milks according to its Fat & SNF value, because the rates of milk are according to its Fat & SNF content. But now we want to change it and want to make Raw milk as the only raw material and have to give characteristics as Fas & SNF, and if the value of Fat & SNF changes it should affect its rate in to the PO, so please guide me, where i can set the characteristics of these Fat & SNF so that it should affect to the amount, please give information in details.

Thanks & Regards,

Karad D D

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you need to do Varient configuration. like steee and automoble ind.

In this case you make constains like for if my Fat and SNF is X then price is rs.10

But to do the same need to do characteristics and calss characteristics

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Addition to variant configuration, you can use proportion unit concept to get Quantity correction in PO and in Invoice.

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karad

This same kind of issue have been discussed in this forum and here are 2 of those links. What i suggest is to send the mail of the information regarding the content in the milk to the MM & FI. If you are able to store the price based on the content in the Z table this is well and good.

Please find the links

Link: [;

Link: [;

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Karad saheb..

I think as per my knowledge say scenario will be...

You will create PO(say with price X) then Gr wil be made when you receive milk.After that say yoy have attached char as Fat & SNF content in the specification.Then you will do Result recording & take UD.

In this flow how can you change back the PO where GR is already made.you can not change the price(say with price Y) in the PO after lot is created....so your suggetion will not work here.

but there is one possibility here.

1.Create a PO (say with price X) ....now do GR-->RR depending upon Fat & SNF content -->now design UD codes like it will contain all possibility of Fat & SNF content .

But in MIRO do the customization that payemnt will happen to vendor depending upon the UD (say Fat & SNF content90:10 then

1000 Rs) & not on PO price.

I hope this will add some value.

Regards

Sujit

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit saheb,

It was mistakely done as PO, i want to tell that milk payments to the vendors are mainly based upon fat and SNF, v categorise milk as gud milk, low grade milk and nash milk, so fat and snf decides that, and because of that v made almost 1400 milks, and it is so much heavy programming, i heard that it can be done in standard SAP, so pls tell me how i can configure that fat & snf so that its rate will be affected, i just need to define only one milk and give the characteristics as fat & snf, and my tells me that it contains X quanity of fat and Y quantity of SNF, and our whole rates depends on it, how can i configure this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Karad

believe me its a huge customization.Depending upon the RR of fat & snf rate to be decided......since you may need to maintian a Ztable where depending upon the fat & snf ...proce will be maintained.

now you have to make RR mandetory.

then UD should not happen if RR is not done.

Also customize the MIRo depending upon the setting require for payment on fat & snf content( that means Result recorded)

There is no std SAp solution for this.

This is as per my knowledge.

Regards

Sujit