cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP IDES but getting Error whn tries to upload JCE Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I m Installing SAP IDES...with DB2 on server 2008.

I have upload JCE zip file...after clicking next button i m getting following Errors,

ERROR 2014-10-02 09:52:29

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

ERROR 2014-10-02 09:52:29

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|collect was executed with status ERROR .

i guess its about Loopback adapter configuration. Still i m not sure... DO u have any idea about it.

How i can get rid of it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have selected the wrong JCE file try it by using unrestricted.zip file , you can download it from java.com or IBM site.

Regards

Aftab Mansoor.

Edited by: Aftab Mansoor on Nov 23, 2010 8:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the registry entries, it seems your account (even Administrator) has no permittion to change the sub key.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

I now request you the third time (see the other threads with the same message) to check if this key is really not existing.

The reason my be, that all network related services were not installed because there was not network card available at time of the installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

I have cheked regedit, for that key, its not there.

how can add that key to regedit. also please tell me how do i configure loopback adapter, ip address and all.

waiting for your reply earliest.

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to install the loopback adapter during the OS installation so dependent services (such as DPS) are installed also.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok. so do u want me to re install the OS, else we do have other options.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose we decide to reinstall OS, does it prompt for installing Loopback adapter or we need to locate and install

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can select it during the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im getting same error. any suggestions?

I have checked the DPS in regedit (the DPS folder exists with lots of keys in it), Im using DLINK Gigabit adapter, and also vmware+NOD32 Antivirus is installed on the Server. I tried after disabling the Antivirus but no chance. Help is required.

While im using Oracle 10.2.0.4, windows 2008 R2-64, and error here is:

WARNING 2010-08-25 15:58:13

Error 5 (Access is denied.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS).

and

WARNING 2010-08-25 15:58:13

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows 2008 R2 is not yet supported by SAP

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> WARNING 2010-08-25 15:58:13

> Error 5 (Access is denied.

> ) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (69), with parameter (SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS).

Did you disable UAC?

> WARNING 2010-08-25 15:58:13

> The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

It seems you're installing using the hostname "localhost".

And yes, Windows 2008 R2 is not yet supported.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

My issue got resolved, I set the permission in registry, thats it but now im facing incompatibility issues: trying to install netweaver but cannot not due to the version (700). As per Note: 1054740. Now wht should i have to do, anyways, this is not my thread, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the host entry of your server in the host file.

Disable any antivirus if it is installed on this system .

Regards,

Muralidhar