cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User stamp field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i'm working on supplier repository where in i need to have 2 fields to identify who has created the supplier and who has modified it last. For modification tracking, the requirement is that the user name will be captured for updating any field of main table supplier. i was exploring "user stamp" field but not able to get a solution.

Thanks.

JR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyotir,

Determine which field is being created/calculated at the time of creation of record. Include this in "created by" and rest all the fields(exclude the earlier one) in last updated by field.

Regards,

Bis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti

For both the fields created by and last updated by the field type has to be Userstamp.

When defining the filed CREATED BY select only the AUTO ID field(MDM ID) in the console.

FOr the field LAST UPDATED BY select all other fields other than the AUTO ID in console.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

For your modify record scenario you have to use User Stamp wherein you can select the fields for Change Tracking and when any changes are made to these fields a user stamp will be applied. You have to choose the fields for change tracking in Select Fields, the default value is all fields.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat