cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure Microsoft loopback adapter in windows 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to install SAP IDES 6.0..... while i m trying to install it , it is asking forUnlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files at runtime.

I do have local and US policy jar file, but i guess its asking for JCE extension file, i dont know about it. so i m not able to proceed

further. it gives osme error about local host. i think its about Microsoft loopback adapter. can anyone have idea abt it.How to

Configure Microsoft loopback adapter in windows 2008?

Can anyone help me ASAP coz i m stucked like anythng.

thanks

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I answered in

you should read the mentioned note and use the link in sapinst to download them.

Please read the installation guide, the procedure is also described there.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Go to Control Panel >Add Hardware>then click next on first screen >then click on YES i have already connected the Harware ..Next>then select the last option Add a new hardware device..Next --->then select ..Install the hrdware that i manually selected from a List -->then click on Network adaptor ---> then Microsoft loopback adapter.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay,

Thanks for reply, but i already done that.

Problem is that, how to configure Loopback adapter.............i mean IP Address and all.....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay

Thanks for reply...I m Installing SAP IDES...with DB2

I have upload JCE zip file...after clicking next button i m getting following Errors,

ERROR 2014-10-02 09:52:29

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

FCO-00011 The step collect with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_GetSidNoProfiles|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|collect was executed with status ERROR .

i guess its about Loopback adapter configuration. Still i m not sure... DO u have any idea about it.

How i can get rid of it.

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you on 32 or 64bit?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using windows server 2008 64 bit.

aks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK.

DPS is "diagnose policy service" - it may not have been installed if you installed without a network card. You may add that through "software" in the control panel.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus

i have started DPS, its enabled....wht to do next

Aks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does that registry key exist now?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi markus,

SOrry i dont about Registary key, can u b specific plz

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What happens if you retry the installation?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi markus,

I am getting Same error.

thanks

Aks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So please check using regedit (or regedt32) if that mentioned missing key is there.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey markus

hw r u going.....i asked one of my frnd he told that its about loopback adapter and host name issue. he asked me put localhost as a hostname.

i got host file, i got a bit idea about configuration but not in details... how to configure it with ip address.

do u have any idea

Thanks

cheers

Aks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> hw r u going.....i asked one of my frnd he told that its about loopback adapter and host name issue. he asked me put localhost as a hostname.

What error is because of the hostname? I asked you in my last question that if the error message you got

MOS-01185 The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

is still the same.

If yes, then I asked you to check in the registry if that key exists.

Markus