cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error is STMS when import client from 2 different system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have two system in same landscape, system 1 is production with system ID : SEP, system 2 is develop with system ID : SED (is Domain Controller),

system 1 & 2 in same domain with Domain Controller : DOMAIN_SED in STMS

And then, I exported client 800 on production system (system 1) with profile SAP_EXPA

and I have 3 request : KO00189.SEP ; KT00189.SEP ; KX00189.SEP (cofiles) and RO00189.SEP ; RT00189.SEP ; RX00189.SEP (data)

I copied 3 request above into system 3 (system 3 is different landscape with 2 system above and i setup system 3 at different location, so called backup system. System 3 is setup with system ID: SED and Domain Controller DOMAIN_SED too)

Then i imported client 800 into system 3

and i have an error in system 3 : System unknown in Transport Management System

Please help me ...

Thanks all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per me, now you cannot add system3 to domain of system1 and system2 as the SID of system 2 and 3 are same.

Just try to set up a TMS in system 3 by creating a virtual system same as system 1 that is SEP and configure the routes and then try.

Also, let us know what is u r exact requirement. Why u need system 3 with 800 client of production system?

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just only a phiscal system for import client and I setup this system as Domain Cotroller of our customer.

Please help me ..... setup a TMS correctly....with purpose this system 3 recognize and know 3 request *.SEP of our customer for import client into system 3

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your TMS is configured correctly and checks in the system overview of the target landscape turn out ok.

If configured correctly, then import the requests with the following options selected.

Import Transport Requests Again

Overwrite original objects.

Ignore Non-Permitted Table class

or if you import using tp, use options U128.

Let me know how the outcome.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this note if it is related to your version.

[Note 511530 - TMS client import fails due to unknown system]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear, are you able to resolve this issue or not? i am facing ht e same issue. If yes can you please elaborate on the same.

Thanks

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shanker !

version TP IMPORT release 4.5 because i always use Tcode STMS , not TP command

hi Vijay

_ target name while exporting the client 800 from SEP is SED because system 1 & 2 of our customer in the same landscape

_ Domain Controller is DOMAIN_SED, it like with Domain Controller of system 3 (SID: SED - Domain Controller : DOMAIN_SED)

_ sort of warning when you enter STMS

****************************************************************************************

Error occurred in SED TMS communication

Message no. XT149

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the TMS communication layer of the following SAP system:

System: SED.DOMAIN_SED(000)

Function: TMS_CC_READ_CCCFLOW_OF_TRKORR

Error: SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE ()

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Check your transport control station configuration with transaction STMS.

******************************************************************************************

_ import not run , import process checking -> error

Please read reply for details information above ...

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shanker !

after reset user TMSADM -> connection not change -> connection work OK

i tried it but error remaining

Information extra :

system 3 is a physical system with Domain Controller : DOMAIN_SED ****** SID : SED and extra setup a virtual system as SEP on system 3

I configured tranport route from SED to SEP, so error "System unknown in Transport Management System" no longer

but arise new error "Error occurred in SED TMS communication"

Information extra error "Error occurred in SED TMS communication" when import request :

****************************************************************************************

Error occurred in SED TMS communication

Message no. XT149

Diagnosis

An error occurred in the TMS communication layer of the following SAP system:

System: SED.DOMAIN_SED(000)

Function: TMS_CC_READ_CCCFLOW_OF_TRKORR

Error: SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE ()

System Response

The function terminates.

Procedure

Check your transport control station configuration with transaction STMS.

******************************************************************************************

thanks all

I hope error to solve soon .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do a consistency check...

Try to do an import after that, if it does not work try " tp import "with option u128 at command line.

Regards,

Shanker C

Former Member
0 Kudos

What target system name you specified while exporting the client 800 from SEP?

What is the domain controller in the target SED system and need the domain configuration from system overview.

Does STMS shows any sort of warning when you enter STMS?

Can you paste the error part of tp system log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Shanker !

thatright !

I changed owner and permission of 3 request in operation system too . And Then, I follow the Tcode STMS_IMPORT >> Extra>>Other Reqest>>Add Request >> Import Request

and I have an error :

"Error occurred in SED TMS communication"

I think that error remain in RFC

Because I just see connection of SED in RFC (SM59)

TMSADM-SED.DOMAIN_SED TMS Communication Interface generated

TMSSUP-SED.DOMAIN_SED

And Not see connection of SEP in RFC such as :

TMSADM-SEP.DOMAIN_SED TMS Communication Interface generated

TMSSUP-SEP.DOMAIN_SED

Can i create connection of SEP above manual ?

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can:

follow the steps as

STMS >> Go to overview >> System >> Extras >> Reset User TMSADM

And Generate RFC Destinations

and then check if error is still there.

Regards,

Shanker C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sharath !

system 1 & 2 is two systems of our customer and on client 800 of system 1 is configed all moduels ex: SD, MM, FI ...and reports of ABAP

So, I want to take configurations of client 800 and bring it back to our company

For this case, I setup system 3 with Domain Controller as DOMAIN_SED at different location (specify a system at our company : system 3 ) for import client 800

For your advances, I setup a virtual system (SAP system -> Create -> Virtual ) with

virtual system ID: SEP

I have already setup tranport route and when import again with error :

Error occurred in SED TMS communication (error status no longer : System unknown in Transport Management System)

i think system SEP is knew in TMS but error remain

Please help me ....

thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please tell me, After copying the data and cofiles in 3rd system trans directory have you follow the Tcode STMS_IMPORT >> Extra>>Other Reqest>>Add ?

Regards,

Shanker C

Former Member
0 Kudos

please help me .......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think It is impossible to do export import among systems that are not attached to the transport domain (in this case ur system 3). Of course your transport domain won't recognized that system since it doesn't available on your domain profile

Regards,