cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client requirement is, Person A should create project and can change but he should not have authority to release it. once the project A is created, person B must have a look at it, if everything is fine, he must release it not person A. please tell me whether is it possible or not..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it can be done.

Create WBS User status for the same. Have two user status, one as QUOT - Quotation and other as ORDR - Order. Set the initial status as QUOT. Give an authozisation key for that user status profile and assign it to User 'B'. Ask your Basis guy to assign the authorization for that user 'B'

For QUOT status, forbid business transaction Release for project Definition / WBS business objects. So when A is working he cant release at all unless the user status is changed. And only B can change the User status to Order and release the WBS.

This will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Kabir

Edited by: Kabir on Aug 8, 2009 10:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, i know that it can be controlled via user status, but i dont want to go like this....I want to know is there any authorization object for releasing the project...

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do.......Authorization object for releasing the project is available.You need to discuss with your Basis Consultant.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible to give authorisation for changing the system status RELfor a particular role .YoU Can control it by user status and create an authorisation key and assign that key in the particular person role then only he can set the user status and in this you can control the system status Rel.

Thanks,

Muzamil