cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing SAP GUI 7.10 patch level 10 I get the enclosed error report. Surprisingly this error is there when installation is done on a particular PC and not on any other PC. Please find enclosed the error report as generated by the system.

Action-Type State Error Source Destination Error-Code

File Install The system cannot find the path specified. C:\Utilities Folder\sapgui\NW_2004s_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\System\SAP\wdtlog.ocx C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\wdtlog.ocx -2147024893

File Install The system cannot find the path specified. C:\Utilities Folder\sapgui\NW_2004s_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\SapGui\WDTTREE.OCX C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\WDTTREE.OCX -2147024893

The folders mentioned in the error report (source as well as Destination) are created by the installation report and are available. The installation ahs been done using the administrator authorisation.

If i try to register the OCX externally with the command regsvr32 I do get the microsoft error message

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Virendra Malik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

please look in the installation log NWSAPSETUP*.log from that installation! ( please check the time stamp, because, you must look into the right log file )!

I'm sure, that the ocx files are not registered corerectly, and i'm also sure, that the root cause of this issue is a problem with the

vcredist_x86 installátion on this client!

BUT , please this is an case for an OSS message!

Best regards, Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI virendra,

i faced same probelm with some other file .

Not solved then i copied c:\program file\SAP folder from some other machine which already installed sap gui 710 .

Probelm solved .This is not the correct solution but one of alternate.

Surendra Jain

0 Kudos

Virendra,

I would check that all Microsoft Updates for Internet Explorer are installed and then re-attempt the install again i.e. Run Windows Update.

Regards,

Al

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AI

The latest updates have been installed in the system.

Regards

Virendra Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File Install The system cannot find the path specified. *C:\Utilities Folder\*sapgui\NW_2004s_Presentation\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\WIN32\System\SAP\wdtlog.ocx

Please remove the space between Utilities Folder & try.

Thanks,

Shambo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shambo

I have installed the GUI from various sources. The above error message is only for one of the installations. I have also installed the same from folder "C:\SAPGUI". so i dont think thats an issue. Its justa thought can the issue be with installation on SATA hard disk under ACHI mode of bios.

Regards

Virendra Malik