Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probleming when moving from QA to Development

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We moved all objects of our IR and ID from Development to QA by exporting them as TPZ files.

Now, no matter what change we make in our QA box to our IR and ID objects, they internally seem to be refering to the objects available on Development.

Both Development and QA share the same SLD.

Can they be made to be independent of the other? To make any changes, do we have to make a change in our Development Box and then move them to QA by exporting them as TPZ files.

Need your ideas and opinion.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually objects in QA are not modified.

Any changes that are needed is done in development and then exported to QA.

Since, these objects share the same SLD, they are not independent.

Regards,

Smitha.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

This problem was sorted out.

Cause of the problem :

In SM59 --> TCP / IP connection --> AI_RUNTIME_JCOSERVER and AI_RUNTIME_DIRECTORY GATEWAY HOST and GATEWAY SERVICE was pointing to our development box and not to our QA.

Made the cnanges and now, can make changes directly to my QA.

Thanks for the inputs,

Cheers,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Not sure why you are trying to modify the objects in QA, then the versions in DEV / QA are different.

Ideally like Michal said, the changes should be done in DEV and should be tranported again.

If its must, then you should make those objects editable, which I think you can do in the namespace attributes. There will be a check box.

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

they are independent but:

>>>>To make any changes, do we have to make a change in our Development Box and then move them to QA by exporting them as TPZ files

certainly yes

you always make the changes only on DEV

and then transport everything up to QA and PRD

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Once the Objects are transported you should not make any changes in QA other then re-transporting the changes from Development to QA.

The only updation you should do is that of adapters. Update the adapters with the correct paramters and then activate everything.

You can have independent SLD for dev/QA/Prod. Depends on what your landscape requirements are.

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I ve got a few JAVA MAPPINGS available in my Development and QA.

Now, I ve made some changes to this mapping in my QA and reimported them under IMPORTED ARCHIVES. But , what I noted was that they refer to the MAPPING available in my DEVELOPMENT BOX even after making the change to the QA.

Likewise, when I made the same change to my DEVELOPMENT , the change is reflected. So, as you guys told, should I always make the changes in my DEVELOPMENT and move the objects to QA?

ID is independent, but IR components are dependent on DEVELOPMENT box?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Ravi ~ The modifiable objects is set in my QA too.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I ve got a few JAVA MAPPINGS available in my Development and QA.

Now, I ve made some changes to this mapping in my QA and reimported them under IMPORTED ARCHIVES. But , what I noted was that they refer to the MAPPING available in my DEVELOPMENT BOX even after making the change to the QA.

Likewise, when I made the same change to my DEVELOPMENT , the change is reflected. So, as you guys told, should I always make the changes in my DEVELOPMENT and move the objects to QA?

ID is independent, but IR components are dependent on DEVELOPMENT box?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Ravi ~ The modifiable objects is set in my QA too.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>So, as you guys told, should I always make the changes in my DEVELOPMENT and move the objects to QA?

always

>>>>ID is independent, but IR components are dependent on DEVELOPMENT box?

IR are independent for sure

maybe you didn't activate or the old verison was in the cache ?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I understand the standard process to make the changes in Dev and re-import to QA. But because of some reason if we started making changes in QA directly and want to continue with it now, is there any way we can do it without touching Dev at all?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

YOu can make the changes in QA. As expalined above they Dev and QA are independent.

But if in fucture you make changes in dev and transport to QA, the changes in QA that you had not updated in dev will be overwritten. So you should never do this.

Regards

Vijaya