cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap Object attribute settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a roadmap object on my view where I have 3 steps.

It works fine. I have an action "ONACTIONSELECT" so that when the step is click, it moves to the next step.

And when it moves to the next step, that box is highlighted in yellow and the previous step is in blue.

When it gets to the third step, I want the step highlighted in yellow, which it does currently, but I want to remove the ability for the user to click it and trigger the ONACTIONSELECT event.

I have looked and looked and can't find what attribute needs to change for that particular 3rd step.

Maybe my eyes are getting tired and I can't see it what needs to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want the user to click on roadmap explicitly trigger the event.

One thing you do, As you have 3 views. In the Inbound plugs of the view, you automattically set the attribute of the selected step

to which the raodmap is bound.

When you fire the plug from one view to other, set these selected step attribute of the node. No need of explicit event triggering is required.

Hope i'm going correct in understanding your requirement.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, each roadmap step is a trigger for the same view to act differently. So, the view will go from edit mode to display mode. I am trying to copy how other services in HR portal perform. On other services the last step gets highlighted, but you can't click it. So, the last step is a "Confirm" step, it more or less does not need to trigger anything, but I still want it highlighted in yellow as if it were active, but it should not be active. Nothing should trigger.

By the way, I can't look at the other services to see what they are doing because they are written in WebDynpro JAVA.

My program is WebDynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw, I did try to disable the last roadmap step, which does deactivate the step so the user can't click on it, but the roadmap step becomes light grey when I switch the ENABLE attribute from ON to OFF. But, I still want the color to be the yellow color as if it were enabled or active.

Is there some way to determine the color attribute and possibly 1) disable the roadmap step 2) but change the color back to the color it would be as if it were active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the event OnSelect for the roadmap is required in your application. If Yes, what is it's purpose.

In my application, I have not implemented any action for raodmap, but set the selected step using a context attribute

in the code before firing the plug to the next view.

Now, the event will not trigger, but the yellow color remains as is when you set the selected step explicitly.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the roadmap step triggers different things to happen on the view when the user clicks on the roadmap step, except the last step which is just the "Confirm "roadmap step which does nothing but highlights that the user has completed the process.

I do have the Roadmap context setup in the ComponetController and is binded in the view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The steps for the roadmap in your case, is not predefined right.

Based on the user interaction, you wanted to perform some action.

There is no option available to set the color of the roadmap after disabling it

ie changing from light grey to Yellow in your case.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I was afraid of that....that there is no way to disable the roadmap step, but highlight or change the color from light grey to yellow (or orange..whatever the color is when it is enabled and active).

As mentioned earlier in my thread, I was trying to mimic or copy how the other services in the portal or acting. These other services are written in Java and possibly delivered from SAP, although I am not sure. In these other services, each roadmap step triiggers and action which causes the view to be dynamically changed. The last step is the "Confirm" step and is just highlighted, but is not active and therefore the user cannot click on it to trigger any action. Either SAP did their roadmap differently or was able to disable the last step and change the color. I don't know.

Thanks

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually the last step of the roadmap property(type is standard).

Check before navigating to the CONFIRM step in your case the last step can we disbale the action onselect of roadmap.

Even in our applications we have the roadmaps but with no actions.

As we know at design time, what needs to be done when an action is current view is done, we trigger the other view and set the roadmap step.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking about looking into disabling the OnSelect before navigating ot the CONFIRM step to see if that will work, but have not got around to it. I will look into it. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

Your idea worked!

in class cl_wd_road_map there is a method called SET_ON_SELECT. When the roadmap reaches the last step, I just cleared out the step to null or blanks. This prevents the user from clicking on the roadmap step and triggering the action. But, the good thing is that the color remains highlighted or yellow.

Thanks again

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant to say I cleared out the OnSelect value to blanks or null using SET_ON_SELECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Good job. Thanks for sharing the information.

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (0)