cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in vc installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install vc on window 2003. I have refer sapnote 804496...but this note does solve the problem.Has anyone installed on window 2003?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I don't think that the portal server is necessary during installation, you can connect to the portal in VC

In IIS VCServer properties, does the local path point to something like C:\WINDOWS\SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer\server ?

does this folder contain the new default.htm ?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margit,

in IIS VCServer properties, local path is pointing to

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\SAP NetWeaver Visual Composer\server

and in this path , i have replaced default.htm from note 804496.stiil same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Had your Problem resolved,if so please tell how you had resolved it.Iam also facing the same problem.

Thanks,

chintaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintaiah,

I tried to install on window2003 bt didnt get success..so i installed on windows2000 and its working fine...There are so many issues with w2003 so my suggestion will b w2k..

regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

if not already done so:

in IIS "Directory Security": try setting execute permissions to scripts and executables

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done this alos...not working yet....Will i have to give the entry for portal server while installing vc?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

did you install SVG viewer on client <b>and</b> server (you can test the plugin at adobe.com) ?

try installing XML parser on client <b>and</b> server

try calling VC on server over localhost

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margit,

I have installed SVG viewer 3.0 and MS XML PARSER 4.0 on server and i m accessing vc on server only..still blank page is coming..

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

the new default.htm is an attachement to the sap note... download it there

you find the files for VC in the IIS (VCServer folder), for IIS check the VC Installation Guide under "Installing Visual Composer Storyboard" - "To activate IIS security features"

did you install Adobe SVG on the server? (we also installed XML parser on the server, maybe that helps)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margit,

Thanks for ur helpful answer. I replaced the default.htm

Now when i m opening the site..it is completely blank..nothing is coming on the page.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

we had the same problem, allowing "winsvc" as described in point 3.2 did not work properly.

try if it works with allowing all cgis and check your security settings

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margit,

Its not working yet...in sapnote 804496 section 3.5 I have to add site name in trusted site and then i have to replace default.htm file.....where will i find this default.htm file and how will i replace this?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Did you see the logs. What problem are you facing exactly ?

Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I have installed vc on window 2003 server (following sapnote 804496) . I have installed storyboard also. But wen i m opening the site ..its showing [WINSVC] Error -4

regards

Amit