Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 with Lock/Unlock user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Warning to others! Please check whether the person is a repeat offender before answering. >Name: Pavel Das - View user's Business Card >.... >Total Posts: 41 >Total Questions: 24 (23 unresolved) >....

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 8, 2009 9:23 AM

-

Hi Expert

How to create role (contain tcode SU01) and restrict this role to only allow 'unlock/lock users' and 'change password'. I want to assign this role to admin operator ?

Thanks

Pavel

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally you unlock a user (only) because actually their password is locked. So with the same access you can reset the users password if you can unlock it. You can also lock the user ID itself.

ACTVT '05' of the assigned S_USER_GRP is what you are looking for.

Otherwise with a small effort you can user BAPI_USER_LOCK and UNLOCK.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your reply.

can you tell me how do i do that what said for

"BAPI_USER_LOCK and UNLOCK" ?

Thanks Pavel

0 Kudos

SU01 will do it for you, just don't click on "Change". Display first, then you can see the "lock" etc buttons.

BAPIs will give you a more granular control possibility, but you don't need it for this requirement (as described by you above).

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 8, 2009 9:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just create a role XXX by assigning tcode SU01

SU01 user access is controlled via the object S_USER_GRP .

Give the ACTVT= 03 Display

05 Lock

This will allow you to restrict this role to only allow 'unlock/lock users' and 'change password'.