cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saplogon.ini in Windows 7

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have installed SAPGui in my Windows 7 operating system. After installation i copied my saplogon.ini from old Vista system into new system in directory c:windows.

But double click on saplogin pad , I found no entries are available

Any Info ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

To find the ini file path, please follow below steps.

Launch your SAPLOGON pad. Left click on the top right corner of the Logon pad and goto 'Options'

You will get a pop up with SAP logon options, under the local configuration file path.

the APPDATA folder would be hidden, you have to enable the hidden files viewable.

paste your ini file in the path, close SAPLOGON and launch it again, then you can find the logon details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash! Good shortcut!

naveen_kgv
Discoverer
0 Kudos

correct information thanga prakash

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks buddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thanga;

I have just done a new install of SAPGUI 7.3 on Windows 7 SP1 machine but as this was a new install and not upgrade, how can I get the SAPLOGON.ini file?  Can you recommend or send me URL for downloading one?

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jim,

You can find a default saplogon.ini file which will be empty in the same location which I have mentioned in my earlier comments.

Once you find the .ini file then you can add the server details to it or else get a .ini file from your colleague and paste into your ini file and check.

Regards,

TP

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, this is correct location: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

Regards, Luis

former_member197081
Participant
0 Kudos

Please refer this document here

And in some cases the saplogon.ini might present in the server path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you all,

before it comes to question:

SAPGui 7.3 has the saplogon.ini
under Windows 8 in folder

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

its all no surprise thanks Sumit

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also experienced with the same problem after install Windows 7. The u2018saplogon.iniu2019 should be saved at folder: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows.

Cheers!..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank yuo very much , chage file saplogon in path C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\ and work well

jim_emmitt
0 Kudos

There is another option. You can store your saplogon.ini in any directory on your machine. The catch is that you have to set the environment variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE to point to the saplogon.ini that you want to use. I would advise setting this variable at the system level rather than at the user level if there are multiple users on the machine.

Once the environement variable is set, then stop and restart SAP Logon 710 and it should pick up the saplogon.ini that you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works like a charm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your tip it worked for me after setting up the environment variable.

Thanks

former_member192818
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, This is the folder in windows 7 for getting to saplogon.ini

D:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SAP\Common

Also go to folder options of explorer and change to show "hidden" files.

Thank You.

Sumit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sumit,

I tried all for these solutions, but only yours worked for me. (Sap gui 7.1 on Win 7)

Thanks man !

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Windows 8 the environment variable works too. Thank you, Jim.

shailendra_jain4
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks it worked for me in Windows 7

0 Kudos

Windows 7 isn't officially supported yet by SAP, however SAP Gui 710 will work. and the file can stay in the c:\windows directory.

For this to work read SAP Note 1031740 which applies to Vista.

Regards,

Al

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solved. First installed Gui 6.40 then upgraded to 7.10, that solved the problem.

But its strange

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Solved. First installed Gui 6.40 then upgraded to 7.10, that solved the problem.

> But its strange

It's not strange, it's how Windows is designed. I wonder that you were able to install 6.40 (unsupported) on Windows 7.

The problem is, that on Vista and Windows 7 the user environment is not "c:\windows\system32" but due to changes and the implmentation of UAC it's now in c:\<userprofile>\appdata...

This is documented and not "strange" at all, just read the note and you will get it.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

On my Vista laptop the saplogon.ini is no longer in c:\windows but something like

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

Regards,

Sergio

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same saplogon.ini i copied in Windows Xp system in directory c:\windows. Its perfectly showing all servers in login pad.

But in wondows 7 its not showing anything, nothing but blank login pad

aRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I haven't used windows 7 yet, but my saplogon.ini in Vista changed from where it was on XP, so I thought maybe this could be the same for W7.

You can create a new entry on your empty saplogon pad and then use the file search tools to find the contents of it (if the file is not called saplogon.ini anymore) Or maybe now it's in the System Registry or something.

Regards,

Sergio

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any info ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Sergio. It worked for me on Win 7 + SAP GUI 7.10.

Cheers

DR