cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall result and filter on a chart - tick marks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an issue with the overall result. I am displaying my report in a chart, and when turning on the tick marks in VC it's showing the totals for that chart but also the wording "Overall result" when I hover on every column of the chart. This is happening due to the filter that I have to display only the result line, the last line from my query.

Is there a way of not display the "Overall result" WORDING when using the tick marks? It's coming from my filter that I applied to display only the results.

I dont'want to suppress the results, I need to see the data, what I need to do is display the chart and don't see the "OVERALL RESULT" WIRTTEN, just the numbers, the data.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What i understood is you dont want to give anything in 'category axis'. It will give you some data but it will be wrong data & you will not able interprete it. In chart you can not see only values because you have to specify 2 parameters - category axis & value axis (Data Series) fields.

There are 2 ways to handle this -

1. If you are using 'Filter' operator -

Go back to your 'BI Query' & select First field in the BI query. Suppress the result for this field, because result of only this field can come as overall result. Then Save your query. In VC refresh that query & then again save & deploy your model. 'Overall Result' will not Come.

2. If you are not using filter operator -

Right click on your data service, there is one parameter as 'Suppress sum'. Click on this & then 'Overall Result' will not come.

Caution - If your using filter operator this will suppress all the result rows & because of filter you will not get anything as output.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep

I don't want to supress the overall results, I need them to display my chart. I want to "hide" the wording "Overall Results" that appears when I position my mouse over a column, eg.:

Delivery Time

Overall Results ===>>>i don't need to see these words, just Delivery Time and 0.2369

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this is not correct scenario to use 'Filter'. Filter is used like - When you have 2 fields in BEx query rows say 'Country' & 'State' & you want to show Total of all states at country level, then you should use Filter on 'State' in your VC model. If you use filter on 'Country' then it will show only 'Overall Result'. & there is no way to change this.

There is alternative for this -

Modify your BEx Query, Keep only Key figures & remove the fields in rows. In VC Instead of Chart use Form (UI Control like Expression box) & map the key figure to this UI element. No need of filter. You will get chart like (or even) better visualization.

I hope i understood your situation, correct me if i am wrong.

Regards

Sandeep

Answers (0)