cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC-CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning on installing GRC-CUP, we have other Access Control components like Virsa Fire Fighter and Compliance Calibrator installed; they are up and running.

I am doing research and investigation on what it takes to install GRC-CUP while integrating it with other components. I would play a key role in planning and putting down the ROI, I have few questions around this and your suggestion is highly appreciated.

My Questions:

1)Is it mandatory to upgrade other components (Fire Fighter and Compliance Calibrator) when installing GRC-CUP, will there be any downfall if we install only CUP?

2)If we plan on upgrading:

u2022Fire Fighter u2013 Super Privilege Management.

u2022Compliance Calibrator u2013 Risk Analysis Remediation.

What are the benefits we are looking at when compared to earlier version (Functionality, Additional featuresu2026)?

3)What it takes to get this tool off the ground?

Your suggestions are valuable and highly appreciated!

Thanks Much!

AJ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

AJ,

Please find my responses below:

1) It is mandatory to upgrade other components as they are part of Access Control (AC). AC acts a single product hence the backend-component only has one RTA for all four modules (RAR, CUP, SPM, ERM).

2) Off course, there are lots of enhancements. You might want to check out release notes for AC 5.3 for this.

3) CUP requires a techno-functional,security person and involvement from business folks. It is the most complex tool out of all the four tools. I don't know what exactly you want to know here.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically how much time people take to install, configure and start using the tool. I know it depends on resources, budget, complexity and so on...any rough approximate how much time we are looking at?

Thanks!

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arvind,

It can range from 2 months to 6 months. If the implementation involves multiple companies, location and SAP system then it can go upto a year.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Much Alpesh for answering all my questions! I have understanding as a administrator using Virsa FF and CC...I need some help in creating a ROI to get enough attention of management.

i will really appreciate your help in answering or atleast suggesting me a direction, my questions:

1) CC to RAR: Is the migration process complex, if I get resources required; what is the approx time to get RAR running, can you give me a high level picture of the migration process goes.

2) FF to SUP: My question is same as above

3)CUP will be from scratch.

4)ERM: At this point I dont know if this will be in scope at all

Any suggestions are much appreciated, basically I am involved in putting down a fact document for management to keep ball rolling.

I am doing lot of research around SAP sites, sometime they are overwhelming

Thanks,

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if this info is helpful , when you suggest your thoughts:

Our current rule set in CC.

Total no rules: 21694

Active Rules: 13437

Number High Risk level rules: 13422

No. of Medium Risk levels: 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

AJ,

CC4.0 to RAR 5.3 is a simple migration process. It can take from 3 to 6 weeks to fully start using RAR 5.3. SAP can help you in this migration or there is a pretty good document on Service market place. FF to SPM is very simple process and it will just take 2-3 days to start using SPM. CUP is the most complex one and it will require 4 to 8 weeks to start using the product.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys