cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPINST and solution manager install error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

While trying to complete the install of Solution Manager 7 with EHP1, there was a known error that is resolved in note: 1048824 - JLaunch may fail to start the Java VM during installation; by adding jstartup/signal_handling=0 in usercheck.pfl and start instance.

However once i try to restart the sapinst, i get the following message:

Unable to start a service execution. Please check the following information for the possible reason and inform the installation development : Running with dialog file C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/dialog.xml Running with keydb file C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/keydb.xml Copying file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/statistic.xml to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/statistic.5.xml Copied file 'C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/statistic.xml' to 'C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/statistic.5.xml'. XML parser error: error: no DTD specified, can't validate in line 2, 2 in file C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS/statistic.xml. The execution will be terminated now.

I have not been able to find anything on this. Is there something I am missing.

Environment: Windows x64, SQL Server 2005 sp3, Java version 1.4.2_19-rev, solman 7 with ehp1 (SP19).

Thanks in advance

Danial

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have not been able to find anything on this. Is there something I am missing.

>

> Environment: Windows x64, SQL Server 2005 sp3, Java version 1.4.2_19-rev, solman 7 with ehp1 (SP19).

Since you're on 64bit you need to use the 64bit Java, not the normal 32bit.

Note 941595 - Download J2SE 1.4.2 for the x64 platform

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus

Thanks, I did follow that note while I was reviewing the install notes. Infact the Java version I installed is specifically for the 64 bit system.

The correct version I have is j2sdkfb-1_4_2_19-rev-b07-windows-amd64.

The problem persists

Danial

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seems to a problem with your installation media. Did you edit files manually? Is this Windows 2008?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not certain. I also saw this message from another forum and it seems similar to the issue I am facing. BTW it is Windows 2003

Will try this and let you know.

Edited by: Danial Khan on Aug 10, 2009 6:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

After troubleshooting all this, it was resolved by upgrading the jdk as per this Note 716604 - Access to Sun J2SE and recommended J2SE options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

Edited by: Nikunj Thaker on Dec 22, 2009 1:37 PM

Answers (0)