cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special character in infotype text filed of PCL1 table corrupted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Unicode Gurus,

I im in process of converting non-unicode to unicode using CUUC guide which has Upgrade from 4.6c to ERP6 combined into it.

After sucessfull upgrade and unicode conversion , Developer came back to saying text of PCL1 table is corrupted.

I have no way to look at cluster data, i have to rely on Developer to look at it. I know there are very limited options to look at data in Cluster table ( LOB Object ) , Not sure how they are looking at currently.

But Data in source system looks fine. Data in Target system special character "ephostophe" seems to be currupted and appear as a little sqare in ABAP editor. , if they look at it from bowser its even worst , carrage return (Enter) is appear as a 0D0A in web browser.

I do not see any error during export of PCL1 table no error during import. Row count for table is same.

During upgrade we are going to SR3 , Kernel version of 185. R3load executable version

/usr/sap/SF1/SYS/exe/run/R3load: version R7.00/V1.4

Compiled Nov 18 2008 21:34:35

Can you provide me details on what could be issue ? Any help would be appriciated.

thanks

Jignesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as additional info: it may not be a data corruption but simply a display problem.

"quares" usually mean, that there is nothing in the font you use.

I'd suggest:

- create a new SAPGUI entry and select "Unicode" (not ASCII)

- switch on the I18N layer in the GUI (click on the very right symbol in an open gui window, options, then select "multi byte" (even if you don't use it), stop all GUIs and start then again

- now select again that button and switch to Font (I18N) and select a Unicode font (Courier New - size 11)

Then try again to display the data.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I tried settings suggested by you in SAPGUI. I see difference in display in text due to font, still small Squre is appearing as it is.

I am trying different options one by one. any other thought !!!

Thanks

Jignesh

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

what is an "ephostophe" ?

I am not very familiar with the table PCL1, but we got an issue with some czech special characters in our HR system.

What font / character set are you using at your SAP GUI front end and what was the encoding in the web?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

The character "apostrophe" is one which is inbetween t and s in following sentance "my department's budget" my unit's Sucess"

They are checking with normal ABAP using SAPGUI, it remains same when they check source and target. i am using SAPGUI 710. i have Proportional font setting as "Arial 12" and Arial monospaced for SAP, 12 as a fixed with setting.

i have not idea currently about web browser. setting. I will check with them.

Any other idea. How i check above text myself ?

Do i have to do with TCPDB table after unicode conversion on target system ?

We have only German and English language

Thanks