cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Pernr for WebDynpro ABAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building a new WebDynpro ABAP application and I want to be able to get the PERNR for the user logged into the portal and this application.

I have read some information on this forum about getting the URL or application parameters in order to get the userid or similiar parameters and to handle this within the Window in the HANDLEDEFAULT method of a WebDynpro ABAP application.

I have looked into this and I don't think pulling information from the application parameters will work. For example, I checked one of our current services for "Personal Data" and when I go to the portal content administration, application parameters, I don't see any reference to userid..etc. I see Property ID, Property Category, Inheritance, End-User Personalization, and Property Description. In addition, I do not see any information from the URL itself that I could use.

Here is the scenario. The user logs into the portal using the 3 character Network id which in turn, I assume, gets their SAP userid and PERNR in order to retrieve all the HR infotype information for each service. By the way, the service I mentioned above, "Personal Data", is written in JAVA, so I am not able to see how this particular service works or handles getting the userid and PERNR.

Has anyone come across this scenario before and how was it handled in terms of getting the userid and PERNR?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure that the Web Dynro ABAP application isn't already running in the backend ABAP system under the correct ID? Most portals use User Mapping and SSO configuration so that the user is logged into the backend end system transparently, but with the correct creditials. You should still be to use SY-UNAME to get the current ABAP userid for the person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking that SY-UNAME would be available, but was not sure. For some reason, I was thinking I was going to have to pass something from the applicaton parameters or some other method to my WebDynpro ABAP program..

I am not the portal administrator so I have not yet added my WebDynpro ABAP program to the portal yet. Once, it's added, I will check out the availablility of sy-uname.

Thanks.

Answers (0)