SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Device Category of a Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone help me about the convenient process so that device category of device can be changed.

Actually, my requirement is as follows:

1. User creates a device E1 (External number range) under device category D1. Equipment and serial number are synchronous so equipment E1 is created automatically.

2. Afterwards user found that device E1 is wrongly created under device category D1, it should be created under device category D2.

So, what is the convenient process to do that. Shall I delete the equipment E1 through standard process then again create E! under device category D2 or any other way.

I am not also sure how to delete the equipment E1 so that I can use the same number again.

If there is any other convenient way, please share, else E1 number will be lost for ever if user mistakes at the time of creation.

Regards

Satadal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as you would know that each combination of material and serial number is unigue in the system.

so if you create a device 'e1' in category 'd1' then you can also again create 'e1' in category 'd2'.

to your second question about deleting the device i guess you can try it from the database.i.e deleting the entry but this may lead to inconsistent data.

other way can be to either chnage the device category or the serial number.

For this go to trans. IQ02(change mode) ,goto tab 'edit>special serial number functions>change material number/change serial number'.

using this you can change device 'e1' from category 'd1' to category 'd2'.

note: after this 'e1' from category 'd1' is deleted..

i tried this before doing the installation ,so I have no idea whether it would work after installation of the device ,just try it out

hope this helps.

cheers,

Rakesh...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with t-code ES64....

Tab : Change Device and Device Location

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as you would know that each combination of material and serial number is unigue in the system.

so if you create a device 'e1' in category 'd1' then you can also again create 'e1' in category 'd2'.

to your second question about deleting the device i guess you can try it from the database.i.e deleting the entry but this may lead to inconsistent data.

other way can be to either chnage the device category or the serial number.

For this go to trans. IQ02(change mode) ,goto tab 'edit>special serial number functions>change material number/change serial number'.

using this you can change device 'e1' from category 'd1' to category 'd2'.

note: after this 'e1' from category 'd1' is deleted..

i tried this before doing the installation ,so I have no idea whether it would work after installation of the device ,just try it out

hope this helps.

cheers,

Rakesh...