cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Rep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we have 2 rep on a single server with the same name?

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

I think the repository names should be unique otherwise it would be a problem referencing them.

Cheers,

Arafat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks all

Regards

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrutha,

you can not have 2 repositories with exactly same name in same DBMS and same server. It'll not allow you to create.

If you unarchive a repo on a modified repo then all data and structure will be of the archived repo. NEw changes won't be there.

Regards,

Bis

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, We cannot have two repositories with same name on the same MDS server.

Since when we create a Repository, Database gets created starting with the Repository name.

If you want to have two repositories with same data then you can explore the option of Master - Slave Repository concept.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does Archive Overwrite the rep contents.?

Say for eg i have a rep archive with around 10000 rec.

I have then made subsequent change in the rep schema and data .

But now i unarchive the old rep archive on this updated rep

What happens?Will it replace my new rep with the old archive as both have the same names.

Also i want to knw can i keep the updated rep as it is and unarchive the old rep both having the same names.Wil MDM allow?

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data and schema will get over written by the unarchiving step.

If you want two repository with same name then you can try to use two different database server but mount the repository on same MDM server one at a time.

But please explain the actual need of doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

If you unarchive and load the data, all the old data will be overwritten and only new data will be reflected in the repository. Also as pointed out by Shambu, you need to create different DBMS to have the same rep names. Can you let me know what is your prime reason behind having 2 repositories with same name?

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta

If the purpose is to transport the delta chnages done in MDM repository from one environment to other please use the option of importing schema into the existing repository.

best regards

Ravi