cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Upload of Roles in ERM from Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are implementing ECC 6.0 and GRC AC 5.3 for a prospective client and they have finalized the Role Matrix with Z Roles, Transactions and these are not present in the SAP R/3.

I have completely configured the ERM module and now i have to upload the roles in the erm?

How to upload these Z roles in ERM?

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

Edited by: Kumar Rayudu on Aug 7, 2009 5:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

There is a mass upload feature in ERM. For this, go through the configuration guide. You will have to download one file from SAP system via a custom program which is delivered with the RTA. You will have to create another file by hand which relates roles to business process, sub process etc.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

So i have to first create the Roles in the SAP R/3 system and then i have to download using bulk download option and then use the Importing Mass roles option in ERM and also we have to upload the another template which consists of Role Name and associated BP, Sub BP and Project release. But i want to directly create the Role in ERM then i will synchronize with SAP back end system.

Is this possible?

Regards,

Kumar Rayudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. That is how you should move forward when you don't have those roles in SAP. The sole purpose of ERM is to create and maintain roles for SAP systems. There is no need to synchronize the roles. When you click on generate button, the role will be created in the target SAP system.

You can mass generate all those roles in ERM.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)