Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirmed quantity in sales orders

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

This is MTS scenario. When changing delivery date in orders, the confirmed quantity is affected accordingly. Why?

ATP check does not activate in orders. Suppose confirmed quantity in orders should be always equal to order quantity.

ps. The schedule line category just check "req./assembly" under transaction flow in VOV6.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When changing delivery date in orders, the confirmed 
     quantity is affected accordingly. 

The schedule line category just check "req./assembly"

With these two comments, please confirm whether you have selected the box for "Availability" in VOV6 ?? Moreover, this topic is a major area and your issue could be due to so many reasons. Hence, what I would suggest is that you go through this help link and update the forum with further details, in case your issue is not resolved.

[Working with the Availability Check in Sales and Distribution Processing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/fr/93/744bbe546011d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paresh, Lakshmipathi,

Thx for your comments. I'd like to clarify my questions by using example.

One sales order is created on Aug 1and its quantity 10 ton can be confrimed against delivery date Aug 2. On Aug 2, 3 ton is partially delivered. On Aug 4, the first date in this order is changed from Aug 2 to Aug 8. This change trigers credit check & the order is credit blocked. On Aug 3, the credit block is released.

Later, we found the confrimed quantity in the order is less than order quantity 10 ton, i.e. 7 ton. And there is a tick in the "s" box in the line item.

Q: Why confirmed quantity can be automatically updated when changing first date in order?

Although this is MTS scenario, ATP does not activate. The schedule line category also does not activate availability check.

U know, I simulate this scenario in the test system but fail to find any update in the confirmed quantity.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

To annswer your first question I will suggest that you read the doucmentation carefully in IMG related to define checking grp. Will answer your query

Menu Path : IMG >> SD >> Basic Func >> AC and Tor >> Av ch>> Av ch with ATP logic >> Define Checking grp.

In simple words the system behaviour depends upon the settings maintained here in "Accumul" coloumn.

Regarding your further question it is not clear to me, suggest you to put it in different words clearly.

Hope that solves your problem partially.

Regards,

Paresh Kolte.