SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-CA account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In FI-CA I am posting the document using transaction FPE1, it has field u2018BusTrnsctu2019 in this I entered main transaction and sub-transaction as 6000/0010 company code 3000 account determination 01

in the below structure for company code 3000, no entry is found still it does not give error.

But if I enter the combination as 6000/0020 company code 3000 account determination 01 then it gives error

"The system could not determine a G/L account for company code 3000, account determination ID 01, main transaction 6000, and subtransaction 0020".

The combination of company code/account determination/main transaction/subtransaction is present

in transaction

(Financial Accounting -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Postings and Documents->Document -> Define Account Assignments for Automatic Postings -> Automatic G/L Account Determination->Define Transaction-Relevant Account Assignment Data for FI-CAX)

data entered is as follows:

Application Area: S

Psoting area: S001

chart of account : INT

Account Determination

company code Act Determ Main Trans. Subtransac

1000 01

i am not clear why it gives error in subtransaction '0020' and no error in subtransaction '0010'?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the customizing at

Path for maintaining Main Transaction

SAP Customizing IMG -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Postings and Documents -> Document -> Maintain Document Assignments -> Maintain Main Transactions

Path for maintaining Sub Transaction

SAP Customizing IMG -> Financial Accounting (New) -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Basic Functions -> Postings and Documents -> Document -> Maintain Document Assignments -> Maintain Sub-Transactions

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you still having a problem? When this happens to me, I always check table TFK033D for posting areas VC10 and VC20 to compare my config with other config that is working.