cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webdynpro- issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have abap program with some forms defined inside . In report i have data declaration (global variable) , so it was easy to write to form perform ... Now i am develoing same report in webdynpro ,but in webdynpro , i have pasted all coding in view event . and what should i do to replace those forms .?

if i am replacing those forms with methods then i have to declare all variable in side methods and alos in view event ..

.if i use import , export parameters then i have to pass all global variable which i am using inside view event .

If i am creating as attribute of context of controller then it is tedious job . because i have used so many variables ..

please suggest me yr idea.

Regards,

kani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to use Form and End form in side FM ? can use Perform in side FM?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes you can use forms inside function modules. However I would suggest that you invest a little time in learning modern programming techniques and switch over to using Object Oriented ABAP. Try out a class instead and structure your logic as methods instead of forms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Thank you very much for your great idea ... I think i can go with this ..

Regards,

Kani.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is good practice to put your business logic in FM or Class when working in Web Dynpro.

Call a FM in the event and put all your code in the FM.

Abhi