Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If XI system is not working how can i come to know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

poxy to idoc.

sender is ERP when i send the data from ERP to target system.in the mean time if xi system in down .it showing that data send to xi.and if i check in sxmb_moni i found error message with red flag.

how i can check in erp system that xi system is down when i send the data to xi.and message should display like system is down.

any coding i have to do in abap...or ?

plz help me on this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its better to setup CCMS monitoring in your landscape to get desired alerts.

/people/virenp.devi/blog/2009/03/18/computing-center-management-system-ccms

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunath,

What Prateek has mentioned is the appropriate way of doing this by setting monitors which keeps the track of systems on line in the landscape but requires a lot of settings .

while other approach is purely ABAP based by checking the RFCdestination test result and than passing the values.

But in this approach you will have to check all the time before triggering the interface which will consume a lot of resource .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghunadh,

CCMS will capture both the java and abap stack errors and the errors on the database if you configure the parameters correctly. Please check this configuration steps from Naveen:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/05/xi-grmg-customizing-for-xi-ccms-heartbeat-monitoring-part-ii

Or this series:

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3

Regards.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

SAP R3 to XI Communication in your case is done through RFC Destination at backend.

SO calll this Function Module before Proxy call to check whether RFC Destination is working or not.

If XI is down , RFC Destination will fail down and you can check it through FM: BDL_SERVER_PING

Check it out.

I have tried , it works fine and answers your Query.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anurag,

when i tried this by giving value as INTEGRATION SERVER when by giving rfc wrong

it not showing any value..

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are interested in Abap code related objects, then use FM RFC_GET_SYSTEM_INFO.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Give your RFC Destination name as input to import parameter: DESTINATION_CHECKED

and your output will be destination_ok whose value 'X' will guide you whether RFC Dest works or not.

Goto SM59 > Do Connection Test on one of RFC Destination> if that works fine. COpy its name and test the FM in SE37.. It will give you 'X' as output.

I hope it helps.

REgards,

Anurag Garg