Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset password, block or unblock user in a R/3 from the SAP GRC AC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 doubts.

I want to know if a user can reset his password of the R/3 from the SAP GRC AC 5.3 automaticly.

And can someone block or unblock a user using the GRC AC 5.3 automaticly too?.

I know you can create a user automaticly from GRC, but can I do those 2 things?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What I don't get is, that why do I need the HR module (HR Trigger) to lock, unlock, password slñf service of a user ID. The HR module uses employees attached to a user ID if it has one.

Why do I need the HR module to configure the automatic request access?

Best regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can the Request Access (Lock, Unlock, Password Self Service) be automatic, without any approver?

Does it need SSO between GRC & R/3?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

I think you need to read help.sap.com, configuration guide and installation guide for AC 5.3. That will help you a lot. You can configure Lock and Unlock without any approvals and password self service does not require any approvals. There is no SSO between AC and R/3.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for responding me.

Where can I find this feature called "Password Self Service" in the CUP of SAP GRC AC 5.3?

Best regards,

Pablo Mortera,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Do you see the request access page? The request access page has all the different request types including password self service. You can configure the required settings by going to the configuration tab of CUP.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

There is a feature called Password Self Service (you can see it from request access screen) in CUP, which will allow users to reset their R/3 password through AC 5.3. I really don't know what you mean by block and unblock but you can lock and unlock users via AC 5.3.

Regards,

Alpesh