Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm in the process of configuring ERM and have successfully done the following:

A. Initial System Data Import into ERM

B. Configuration of Misc settings in ERM

C. Configuration of CUP for ERM

D. Defined System Landscape

now at the 5th step which is the running of initial synchronisation of background jobs, which comprises of the 3 (recommended by SAP in this order)

1. Org Value Sync

2. Txn/Object/Field Sync

3. Activity Sync

I was able to successfully run and complete step 1 (less than 2 min). However, for step 2, I know it takes a while (SAP advises that on slow hardware could take up to 5 hours), so I started the job and mointored it every half-hourly by looking at the job history of step 2.

About 4 hours later, I was happy to see the job completed, but to be sure I looked at the job history of job 2 and noted one error message after the step: "Synchronization of object association and connector AR1 started":

"Error synchronizing transaction to object association for #_!LANGUAGE#_! and connector AR1: CPIC-CALL: CMRCV on convId: 77987666 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR connection to partner 'rstgapp3:sapgw00' broken TIME Fri Aug 7 00:27:15 200 RELEASE 700 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 38 RC -6 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 4424 DETAIL NiIRead SYSTEM CALL recv ERRNO 73 ERRNO TEXT A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket. COUNTER 3"

I was wondering if any experts understand what this means? Do I have to re-run this job#2 again? I stopped here and did not proceed on to job #3 as a result of this. Really appreciate your in-sights on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpash,

That's what I thought so too. Last evening, I decided to re-run that job again, and checked again this afternoon. True enough, the job ran smoothly and completed with no errors (I checked the history log to confirm that the previous activity that caused the error did not occur again). I believe probably a lost TCP/Ip connection or something, which a re-run of the job should suffice.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad that it worked

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will recommend you to try to run the job again. The connection to the target system may have been broken.

Regards,

Alpesh