cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom Up Scheduling for WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one query regarding bottom up scheduling for WBS. In the project hierarchy, I am using strict bottom up scheduling.I want some part of the hierarchy, ( some WBS) should not take part in bottom up scheduling , means their dates should not be carry forward to higher WBS.

Please suggest me possible options to meet such requirement.Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Ashok Sangal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try one option-define the activities under the non-participating WBS which have their control key customized such that they are not relevant to scheduling.

This option you can use only if the WBS and the assigned activites in the hierachy are not relevant for scheduling at all.

Thanks and Regards

Shekhar Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

Thanks for your prompt reply...

If I set control key then problme will not be resolved because activity already got some date & this date will pass on to higher WBS, which I do not want...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One option that can be tried is using the Project Planning Board.When carrying out the scheduling function we can select the relevant WBS elements.If we select the WBS elements one by one in a bottom-up manner and schedule step-wise then may be the desired reults are obtained.

Not sure as have never tried this.Just an idea.

Thanks and Regards

Shekhar Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ashok Sangal,

If you use the 'strict bottom up' then the program do the strict bottom up. There is no customizing setting or Badi etc. to ignore part of the tree.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo