cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods for SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have free goods which are delivered to the customers if they purchases 1 business kit get 2 different goods with each.

Exp: purchase

1 qty business kit

1 qty product A (FREE)

1 qty product B (FREE)

I understand that this free good set in VBN1. Beside that what else settings needed in order to populate automatically in SO the moment I created line item & qty for product business kit in SO. And this free goods should populate automatically in outbound delivery (VL01N). TQ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do the setting in the IMG for free goods so that it will automatically comes in SO.

Go to IMG u2013 SD u2013 Basic Function u2013 Free Goods u2013 Condition technique.

Over here do the setting one by one for the free goods.

After doing this maintain the record in VBN1.

After this it will automatically comes in SO.

If you have any error after doing the setting then let us know.

But my friend problem is that you can provide only one product free not two.

For that purpose you have to use SAP Retail.

In my pt. Of view this kind of setting is not possible in regular SAP.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for ur advice.

Well I guess all setting done in IMG as per your advice. Now I'm midst of creating Pricing condition for material A in VK11. Then I click icon free goods (look like gift icon) on top & it bring me to another screen (create free goods SD). There I couldnt create pricing condition for free goods. Error : Conditions cannot be created in distribution channel 10.

Conditions cannot be created in distribution channel 10

Message no. VK076

Diagnosis

You have attempted to create condition records for distribution channel 10. This function is not allowed, because in sales organization 3100, distribution channel 10 is not assigned to a distribution channel which is used in a sales document.

System Response

It is not allowed to enter conditions in distribution channel 10 (sales organization 3100).

Procedure

Check whether you have selected the correct distribution channel and whether the distribution channels are assigned correctly in Customizing. In addition, it is possible that, in Customizing, another distribution channel has been assigned to this distribution channel as a reference for the conditions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For distribution channel check out these configuration.

Go to OVKK and check whether your distribution channel has been assigned to you sales org.

Go to OVXG and check whether you have set up your sales area properly with your requirement.

Also check this also OVX6 whether your plant has been assigned to sales organisation and distribution channel combination.

After doing this setting that error will not come up.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could able to create pricing condition for prod. A with distribution channel 10 but I cant create pricing procedure for free goods against this prod A. Error : Conditions cannot be created in distribution channel 10

I'm wondering that system allow me to create pricing condition for prod. A but not for free goods. Is there any other settings for free goods against this distribution channel. Ple assist me. TQ

rgds,

nema

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Like pricing procedure determination there is a free goods determination to be activated in V/N6

Check in this t code whether you have done that?

In-img-sd===basic functions===free goods

Here a lot of congg settings needs to be done for free goods determination

Check the entire settings here

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 7, 2009 4:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Ramanathan Raja,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I managed to create 1 free good against material A in VK11 & this free goods populate automatically during SO creationfor said material A. But actually there are 2 free goods (free good B & free good C) should set in condition records. Appreciate if you advice on that.

Beside that I'm getting "Pricing error: Mandatory condition ZV00 is missing" for free goods.

Message no. V1801

Diagnosis

The obligatory condition ZV00 does not exist. The document is therefore considered to be incomplete from the point of view of pricing.

The cause can be, for example, that a condition record does not exist for condition ZV00 or that a field overflow has occurred when the condition rate was calculated.

Procedure

Check why the condition could not be found. Use the pricing analysis function on the pricing screen to do this. If necessary, add the missing condition manually to the document.

Please guide me on this error. TQ

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I undersand that it's not possible to set 2 material (B & C) as free goods for 1 material (A). Well we create SO for A without any error. Then I include material B & C along with A. Create seperate line item in same SO with A but I'm getting pricing error.

Then I create pricing condition VK11 for A, B & C.

A- RM70

B- RM0

C- RM0

B & C getting pricing error since this set as RM0 (no value). I cant maintain any value for that coz it's free. No error found if I maintain any price for B & C but I cant do that coz this is free item for A.

Any solution for this scenario. TQ

rgds,

nema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for ur advice.

Well I guess all setting done in IMG as per your advice. Now I'm midst of creating Pricing condition for material A in VK11. Then I click icon free goods (look like gift icon) on top & it bring me to another screen (create free goods SD). There I couldnt create pricing condition for free goods. Error : Conditions cannot be created in distribution channel 10.

Conditions cannot be created in distribution channel 10

Message no. VK076

Diagnosis

You have attempted to create condition records for distribution channel 10. This function is not allowed, because in sales organization 3100, distribution channel 10 is not assigned to a distribution channel which is used in a sales document.

System Response

It is not allowed to enter conditions in distribution channel 10 (sales organization 3100).

Procedure

Check whether you have selected the correct distribution channel and whether the distribution channels are assigned correctly in Customizing. In addition, it is possible that, in Customizing, another distribution channel has been assigned to this distribution channel as a reference for the conditions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Constraints of Free goods in R3

Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item. Agreements in the following form are not supported: u2018With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of chargeu2018 or u2018If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of chargeu2018.

Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion).

Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

Free goods are not supported for deliveries without reference to a sales order.

Free goods cannot be used in make-to-order production, third-party order processing and scheduling agreements.

If you defined a free goods for variants in a generic article (only SAP Retail), you can only process the variants in the purchase order and goods receipt individually (as single articles). In other words, you cannot process them using the generic article matrix.

These are Taken from SAP library and answers your query

But With IS Retail bouns buy schemes this is possible

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Aug 7, 2009 12:31 PM